Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Late Reveal

A little late, but here is my Monthly Challenge Finish for the Stitch & Stash forum, it is the Drawn Thread Caron Keeper, I stitched it on 32c JA COM Chocolate Box evenweave and used Painter's Thread in Lawrence. I decided to make a tin, my first ever, which certainly is a fiddly stick job...lmao. The tin looks great, but unfortunately I can't close it, so I need to decide what I am now going to do with it. Ah well practice makes perfect they say.

I have finally decided on my Needleroll design for the Secret Needleroll Exchange on the S&S forum, I just need to now decide on the fabric and threads, I hope to make a start on it tonight.

My stitching mojo is coming back very slowly, I have not been feeling as sick these past few days and this morning I actually cleaned through the house for the first time in 5 weeks, I have felt so tired and rotten I have not done anything apart from a quick vacuum downstairs. I think I slightly over did it though as I am actually aching now...lol.

I have received an appointment with the consultant for next Tuesday and the following Monday for my dating scan, I should be 12 weeks but I have a largish lump developing so hopefully they will confirm the dates for me and if there is one or more in there!!

I have decided on a nice simple tea tonight of fish fingers, chips, peas and bread and butter, I seem to be getting urges for foods but not cravings as such at the moment.

Well better go and shake me bootie and do some freezer to oven to plate cooking...LMAO!!

Happy Stitching

Hugs



7 comments:

Karan said...

Glad you're starting to feel a bit better Elisa (((((hugs))))).
Your challenge piece is lovely. If you hadn't mentioned the lid not closing we wouldn't have known. ;0) All of my finishes have been learning curves. :0)
LOVE the pic of your DS in his superman outfit - he's adorable. :0)

Julie said...

Your tin looks lovely. This challenge is a great way to learn things, i know i am.
Glad you are feeling a bit better, will we be able to see your scan pics please?? it's exciting for us that are way past that now LOL

Christina said...

So glad you are feeling better. Your tin is lovely.

Sally said...

Lovely tin finish Elisa. The thread is gorgeous.

Pleased to hear you're feeling a bit better.

Stitchingranny said...

Sorry your tin lid doesnt close but at least with it sideways you see the inside too. I have never done a tin cover so cannot tell you if this is a normal problem or not but it certainly looks good.

Hope you are feeling much better soon

Christine said...

Your tin finish looks lovely Elisa

staci said...

Beautiful finish, love the colors! Hang in there, hope you're feeling better soon!