Saturday, 11 October 2008

Another year older....

Thank you all for the lovely wishes, messages, cards and gifts for my birthday, it really made my day. Being honest I wasn't looking forward to it, especially it being the first one on my own (regulars and friends will know what I mean). I had a quiet day and went out for a few hours to the local shopping centre with my mum and had a spot of lunch and then in the evening went for a meal with friends to Frankie and Bennys. I didn't go mad due to starting on insulin injections on Thursday, it is not much fun self injectiong but I have to do it and it is for baby bump's sake so it is worth it. Here are a selection of photos with gifts I received from family and friends, I haven't been able to show everything but a BIG HUGE thanks you to all.

From my parents a lovely journal, a dreamcatcher and a wooden necklace
(not shown as I am wearing it).....

.....also a Cath Kidston Pincushion and Needlecase

From my DS (with help from Grandma) a satin beaded and jewelled compact mirror

Here is a closer look..isn't it gorgeous
From Fleur a DMC Lavender Bag Kit

From Kath a selection of hand dyed fabbie, baby aida patches and a heart to embroider
From Christine some evenweave fabbie and mettalics thread

From Roz 2 L*K snippets, thread unpicker, marking pins, buttons, glisten gloss and fabbie

A selection of cards and threads from Jane, Hayley and Elaine

From Joan a selection of hand dyed fabbies, DMC threads, a Precious Friends Kit & chart booklet

From Michelle: fabbie, metallics selection, Aida banding & a cutter and threader

From Tara a pillowcase and a mini hanger kit
I have had a quiet day today, just pottering about, DS is out with Daddy tomorrow so I will have a few hours to make a start on some packing....2 weeks and counting!!
Tonight is X-Factor so just time now to bath the little man....for me to have a shower and get in my PJ's and heat up my ASDA Indian Takeaway for one...I also have a strawberry Mivvi for a treat later.
Have a good evening
Hugs



8 comments:

Clara said...

Happy Birthday Elisa! You received some really wonderful gifts. Good luck with your packing and your move.

Marian said...

Happy Birthday, Elisa: You certainly got some great stuff!

I love the new look of your blog. Great colors.

My Big Day was the 3rd and at this age I'm just glad to be having them.

Take care.

Marian

Carol R said...

Happy Birthday Elisa.

Lots of lovely gifts from family and friends - especially love the dreamcatcher!

Love the new look blog too - very pretty.

Chris said...

Some lovely pressies, glad you had a great day.

Chris x

Karan said...

Lots of lovely gifts there Elisa. Glad you had a good day. Hope having the injections gets easier for you (((((hugs))))).

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy Birthday - it sounds like you had a good time and recieved lots of lovely goodies.

staci said...

Happy be-lated Birthday! Enjoy all of your wonderful b-day treats!

Angela said...

A very belated happy birthday from me. It certainly looks like you weren't forgotten with such a lovely collection of presents.