Sunday, 29 March 2009

Quaker Reveal & A New Hair Do

Today is the reveal day for the Stitch & Stash Monthly Challenge, the choice was on of the Workbasket Quaker Freebies.

SDC10355 I decided on Quaker Flower which I stitched on Polstitches Hand Dyed Fabric in “Heirloom” with Painter’s Thread “Georgia”, I finished it as a Bell-Pull

SDC10356

I have been toying on the idea of having all my hair cut short…yesterday I “took the bull by the horns” and did it, the hairdresser knew exactly what I wanted and did it exactly how I wanted…I took the pictures of myself so they look a little odd…

SDC10366 SDC10371

She has cut it really short at the back and the crown and top but I have longer graduated bits that come around the sides which I can wear down or tucked behind my ears, I can also have a full fringe or clip it like I have today…I feel quite liberated with my new “do”!!

I also forgot to mention that I had my nose pierced a couple of weeks ago…it is feeling less tender now and I have got a diamond stud in it now, which looks better than the huge one they pierce it with!

I have spent a little time on my Beatrix Potter Sampler, but alas have not got as much done this month as I hoped…maybe next month I will catch up….

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

19 comments:

Donna said...

Love the new ":do". It is very attractive.

Angela said...

Lovely stitching.

Nina said...

Beautiful stitching, and you look so pretty and young, fresh lady :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching and wow what a fab hairdo - you look great :)

Carol R said...

Your new hair-do looks great - makes you look younger!

Stitching Cat said...

Your new hair do looks nice! I love your banner - just went and printed out the chart for the hyacinth pinkeep -- good idea for Easter gifts! Where, oh where, did you find the lovely tin for Pins?

Theresa said...

Your new hair cut looks great!!! I wanted to cut my hair short but haven't have the courage to do it yet.......
I love the colors of the Bell-Pull~~~ It looks fabulous~

Christine said...

Great finish on the monthly challenge. I like your funky new look too

Chris said...

Hi Elisa,

Lovely stitching as usual.. and what a difference your hair style is, very mod indeed...
How does Sean like it?

Chris x

Julie said...

Lovely finish on the monthly challenge, we didn't choose the same one after all.

Nice hair style, you look so different

Sally said...

Lovely Quaker finish Elisa. Love the colour.

Your new hairdo looks gorgeous! You look so different.

Unknown said...

hi elisa i love your new hair must be something in the air i got mine cut on saturday aswell lol

Michelle said...

Wow girl - you look so different. It really suits you. Good for you. Stitching wonderful as usual.
Love Michelle x

Marian said...

Love the hair! Makes you look so young.

About the nose ring: what happens when you sneeze??

lena-lou said...

Great new look, it makes you look so different, congrats to the hairstylist :)

Chris said...

Hi Elisa,

Just seen your entry on the BP sal, what a shame because if I remember you chose some lovely bluey greeny colours, what a shame.. but I know what you mean I am stopped at the mo on mine, as I am on number 3 fabric and number 3 colours! I loved the effect of silk ones I had originally but the colours were too dark... now I have cotton floss and the colours are nice but it doesn't look as good as the silk!!!
Looked closely at your pic and I hadn't seen before your nose stud, I love it, love it, love it... whoo hoo it's lovely and you can see it sparkling! Very very nice!
I am a bit old for one but I do have a hidden tattoo which I had done for my 60th! A small butterfly on my left booby!
Chris x

Karan said...

Great new hair do Elisa & I love the piercing (wish I was brave enough!).
Gorgeous Quaker piece. :0)

Tracy Dixon said...

Beautiful quaker Elisa and I love the hair

Irene said...

Lovely bell pull, the color is nice.