Yes I am still here and haven’t fallen off the end of the earth…lol. All my recent stitching has been for exchanges mainly so haven't had a lot to show and haven’t been doing anything exciting to write about so I just kept quiet!! But I do have a couple of finishes I can now share with you and also the Mailart exchange has been received by my partner so I can also show you that.
Here is the first finish, it is my October Ornie for the SAL on the Stitch & Stash board, its a freebie design by Midnight Stitching called “Snowman’s Quaker Christmas” I saw this design on Christine’s blog and just fell in love with it and just had to have it on my tree this year. It is stitched on 28c Jobelan “Bay Leaf” with the recommended DMC threads, I finished it with holly fabric as a backing and trimmed it with gold beads.
The second finish is my November Christmas Ornament for the SAL on the S&S board, it’s the Prairie Schooler Christmas freebie, stitched on miscellaneous evenweave using the recommended DMC threads again, finished as a hanging ornament with snowman fabric backing and trimmed with green seed beads.
The next finish is a gift for my Mum for her tree, its again a freebie design by Alexandrina and called “Heart Christmas Tree”, it is stitched on 28c Jobelan Mushroom, using DMC rayon thread, it’s the first time I have stitched with rayon, which is a bit tricky and it’s quite slippery but the finish is lovely and shiny so worth the obscenities as I stitched it…lol!!
The other ornaments you see in the picture are a start of the patchwork ornaments I am making for other family members and Martha’s godmother’s for Christmas, I am enjoying making these and I am hand stitching each one and each one only takes an evening…two down another 5 to go!!
The final piece to show you is my Mailart for the Stitch & Stash board, this is the first ever mailart I have done, it was a challenge, but enjoyable, I used yellow evenweave and used Lucie Heaton’s freebie Christmas Stamp designs on both the front and the back. Barb messaged me this morning to thank me and say how much she likes it :) and also the extras too which I put in the envelope. It did cause some chatter at the post office though when I went to mail it on Wednesday, no-one has seen one before and the lady said “are you sure you want it to go through the post?”…doesn’t that say something that even the RM staff are unsure about using the postal service to mail things :0(
I have ordered a lovely workstation from Argos so that I can set up my sewing machine, as a the moment it hasn’t got a permanent home and if I need to use it I have to get it all out and set it up…but from next week it will have it’s own home…a picture will follow when it’s all sorted out.
Isaac has been off school for the past 2 days with a sickness bug, so my washing has been endless, Martha is teething too so I am suffering from a severe lack of sleep, but it’s all part of parenthood I suppose!! He is feeling a little better now and has eaten a small amount of toast so we will see how he goes.
Well no more waffles for today…time to take out a load of washing and put in another….the joys!!
Have a fab weekend all…
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
17 comments:
All your ornaments finishes are lovely, the mailart looks fabulous and I do hope your kids are feeling better soon. I remember all too well being sleep deprived :)
very nice finishes. Love the mail art.
Some lovely ornaments there Elisa, I like the beaded finish on your Quaker Snowman.
The mailart is lovely, can I ask how they fasten to go in the post?
Lovely Finishes Elisa
I had the same response when I posted my first Mailart
Lovely ornie finishes Elisa. I hope the children are feeling better soon.
Your ornaments are adorable!!!!!! And the mail art looks so interesting~~~
Hope your kids will feel better soon!!!
Lots of nice pics to see on here today, hope Isaac is soon back to 100%
I hope the little ones feel better soon :)
Great ornies and mail art :)
The projects all look great. I am also doing "Snowman's Quaker Christmas" but with my own twist to it.
Congrats on all the lovely finishes! LOVE that little Quaker snowman :)
Oh I remember the joys (not!) of those sickness bugs! Hope the little man & the little lady both feel much better soon, Bless them.
Gorgeous ornies & mailart Elisa. :0)
Oh everything just looks wonderful!
Lovely work Elisa. You were brave with the mailart - I wouldn't want to pop it in the mail. You always do such fantastic work. Love Michelle x
Gorgeous ornies Elisa! Love the mailart too. I'm surprised they let you post it lol. I have never done one. I think next year maybe I'll do one. Hope Isaac gets better soon. xx
Love the Quaker ornament Elisa he has got to be done for my tree too i think. The others are lovely too and I bet your Mum will be thrilled to receive hers. Yes I did love my little stamps mail art, and the goodies . I too had trouble with the p.o. both times and as you said doesnt inspire confidence does it. I think one lady did not get hers in the last mail art exchange. Take care and thanks and hugs again.
wow! what beautiful ornies and mail art. Your needles have definitely been smoking.way to go,Kimberly
Wow lovely ornie finishes, Elisa, and I love the mailart:)
I am hoping to finish your PIF this week and get it out to you. Thank you for being patient:)
Post a Comment