Well I am still around after mammoth week or so of packing, clearing, sorting and several visits to the local tip…but as my Mum would say I’m “breaking eggs with big sticks”!! The keys for our new house are due back from the workmen to the Estate Manager tomorrow so if all that goes to plan I should be able to go and do all the signing etc on Wednesday and then get the keys and the house is mine :)…if this is the case then the big move is on Saturday. The new house has not telephone line so I have to pay and wait for an engineers to connect me so I may be offline for a good week to 10 days, but being honest i don’t think I am going have a lot of time for the computer really with all the unpacking, cleaning and decorating that will need doing!
I did manage to complete my Spring Exchange piece for the Stitchers Showcase group, this is the piece I sent to Shirley, its Waxing Moon’s “Spring Chick” stitched on some hand dyed pale lemon even weave with the recommended DMC threads, backed it with pretty lemon springy fabric and edged with this green glisten gloss braid…!
The last day before the half term break was Famous People day at Isaac’s school and here he is as King Tutankhamen, I would love to say I made the costume but alas time restraints did not allow it and plus by the time you added everything up it was just as cheap to head off to Ebay and buy a ready made one….doesn’t he look fab!!
Well no more news really here….I hope to make another post before I go offline to show my WIP and SALs progresses…until then have a great week…
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
10 comments:
Love the stitching and the costume! He looks so great!
Love the little Egypt King and good luck with the new house...
wow great costume puts my daughters 'Pippi Longstocking' to shame
oops forgot to ask for follow ups !!!!
What a cute finish Elisa.
Isaac looks brilliant!
Gorgeous finish Elisa, and Isaac makes a splendid Pharoah
A gorgeous finish. Isaac looks fantastic.
Good luck with the move.Your son looks great in his costume and your chick finish is so cute.
What a great Tut costume!!!
Tanya
Aaawww Bless, he looks so proud in his Pharoah outfit. Lovely exchange piece. Good Luck with the move - hope all goes smoothly. :0)
Post a Comment