Well I am back online after my house move…there has been many teething problems including shutters which could not be removed, no gas for heating, broken windows and doors topped off today by a mains gas leak so all fun here…all on top of the most dreadful cold/flu bug which we have all had for the past 10 days…but hey ho these things are sent to try us. My pc is currently in its residence in the cupboard under the stairs which once it is decorated and empty of boxes will be my little office space for doing my “paid work”.
I have been managing a little stitching during the move, I just kept one project unpacked which was my Just Nan NeedleStory design which I put the last stitches in last night…I just need to add a final few beads and charm this evening and it will be ready to be photographed.
On the day I was originally due to move (which was then put back a week) I received a package from Yasuko in Japan for the Stitcher’s Showcase “Spring” Exchange and here is the lovely contents of this package for you to share…
She included the most delightful extras too, some Japanese fabric, threads, a wooden needle box and a package of needles too….a delightful package to receive I’m sure you will agree.
Another treat came in the mail on Saturday, I am a member of the “Stitch It & Pass It On” blog and and the final person on the “Four Friends” rotation, Hazel was the person to stitch and pass on the finished piece to me and here is the gorgeous pinkeep she sent me she has stitched it using her own choice of Crescent Colour threads…thanks so much Hazel I love it.
I now stitch the design and finish it in my own way and pass it on to Tracy to complete the rotation.
Lots to do in the house….the whole place needs decorating (it’s a tip being honest), but it will take time (and money) but I’ll get there in the end….here’s a few piccies of the kitchen and lounge to give you an idea….check out the original colour wallpaper before it was nicotine coloured….lol
So my blog will now have house improvement pictures occasionally as well as stitching for you all to share….lol.
I am very behind with all my blog reading…about 800 posts behind in fact so please bear with me whilst I get back on track…
Back with JN pictures tomorrow hopefully.
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
14 comments:
Welcome back.
Moving is the most stressful thing. But now is the fun of making it your home.
Have a blessed day.
Nice to have you back online.
It may well be a tip (your words) but at least it's your tip for as long as you want it and you can take the time to decorate it how you want it.
Hope your all now clear of colds and flu.
Welcome back. You will soon have the hosue as you like it and it is yours forever so it doesnt matter how long it takes. Looking forward to the pictures.
Good to have you back again Elisa. Sorry to hear things haven't been going smoothly - hope that changes from now on. Am sure you'll get everything how you want it in no time. :0)
Lovely exchange pieces too. :0)
Nice to have you back! I can see great potential in that home, and once it is done it will be truely yours!
Welcome back Elisa - have missed you. Your gifts were lovely - how lucky. Your new home will be wonderful once sorted. I think your kitchen is really nice. Take care and try not to over-do it. Michelle x
Your new house is lovely and great gifts from Japan.
Welcome back! I'm sure you'll soon turn your new "tip" into a lovely home.
Good to see you back Elisa. I'm sure you'll soon have your new home just how you want it.
Lovely gifts you received.
Good to see you back Elisa - sounds like you have been through a stressful time. Enjoy making the new house into your home!
You did it despite all the problems and managed to stitch as well! Well done and you'll make that house lovely, ypur own little home!
Hugs
Chris x
Its springtime is so nice. very pretty.
Ahhh happy house move. Glad you made it in finally. I wanted to make sure you were def in before I sent it. Glad you like it. xx
nice to have you back online Elisa, and glad you survived the move
I'm sure you'll be settled in and made it you own soon
lovely exchange pieces
Post a Comment