Monday, 23 May 2011

Miserable Monday :0(

…not me…just the weather, where is the heat wave they promised us, it’s like winter with the gales and rain!

I had a childfree weekend so I managed to finish a few little projects..I can show 2 but one is a secret stitch so can reveal that once it has been received.

SDC12062

Lizzie*Kate “Friendship Grows” freebie

32c Murano Ivory - DMC threads of my choice

Finished as a Brodiere Anglais lace trimmed pillow

Teachers gift

SDC12069My third finish from the “Stitcher’s Journey” book…

BBD “Summer Stars” Pin Pillow

32c Belfast Linen “Raw Flax” – GAST threads as charted

Finished as a tasselled pillow

SDC12068

I have decided to mount my “Prairie House” finish on a wooden box, I have just placed an order for 2 lacquered cigar style boxes, so fingers crossed they won’t take too long to arrive. It will be my first box finish so I am hoping I don’t mess it up!!

I finished knitting Christmas Scarf #3, just the tassels to make and attach, then I will take pictures of them all for you to see.

I need to take a trip to town to Boyes for some more wool…may wait til next week as it’s the half-term school holidays..

A lasagne is in the oven for dinner…the kids and my favourite…and a homemade chocolate cake for pudding…yummy!

Hope to do some stitching on my CHS Gingham Dog & Calico Cat this evening…it’s fallen a bit by the wayside, have some catching up on it to do!

Have a good evening all

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous finishes. Love especially the BBD cushion. I have a thing with these quaker stars...lol. Love those colors and also the way you finished it.

Karen said...

Love your finishes! happy stitching...

Deb said...

There is nothing better than a child free weekend. Looks like you put the time to great use. I do love your finishes.

Julie said...

Super finishes, i have stitched Friendship Grows so many times over the years, i love your version of it and am sure the teacher will too

Lesleyanne said...

Two gorgeous finishes. I love the Friendship Grows finish the Brodiere Anglais lace sets it off a treat. Hope you box finish turns out okay.

Mouse said...

oo lovely finishes :) and I love the bbd one :) nice to have a child free weekend and wasn't it a pity about the rain, winds etc love mouse xxxx

Christine said...

Great finishes Elisa!
I'm just hoping that a cold wet May means we'll get a nice June/July/August

Kate said...

Lovely finishes Elisa - I have my eye on the Summer Stars to be a new start for me soon. Love the broderie anglaise trim.
Wind & rain horrific here too - has calmed a little today but still wild!

Nancy said...

Your finishes are so pretty!

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Elisa. The Summer Stars one is gorgeous. I think I might have to stitch that one next :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love the pin pillow, its just lovely!