Sunday, 2 October 2011

Thank You

I wanted to say a big thank you to you all for all your comments and emails of support over the past week, I was so touched by them and from all the long term followers who commented for the first time about how my blog has inspired and enabled them. I really had no idea how many of you my blog had reached out to. Because of this I am going to keep my blog public, but will be taking a short break and maybe just post once a month or so until I get into an established routine with my studies. I officially became a student yesterday and attended an induction day at Leeds Metropolitan University, it was so surreal to sit in a lecture theatre with about 300 fellow students from the Yorkshire Region. I also then met my tutor and my tutorial group (17 of us in total) we will all be working closely together over the next 9 months.

I received a lovely exchange piece from Marjorie for the Rotating Design Exchange (The Prairie Schooler), isn’t it lovely.

324300_10150311983467167_667832166_8310155_1703347466_o

Teresa also received my piece to her for the same exchange…

PS Pinkeep

The Prairie Schooler – Pins & Needles “Tomato Pin Keep”

28c Brittney “Olive” – DMC threads

Finished as a pinkeep.

I am busy working on gifts for family and friends at Christmas…

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

35 comments:

Gillie said...

Hooray and whew! Enjoy your studies and work hard, lol! Love both pieces, especially the pumpkin one.

Stitchabilities said...

Gorgeous exchanges!!
Enjoy being a student again!!

Sally said...

I'm so glad you're going to keep blogging Elisa.

Hope your studies go well. Enjoy it!

Lovely exchange pieces.

Lesleyanne said...

I am so pleased you decided to keep your blog open Elisa. Lovely exchange pieces received and sent. Enjoy your studies.

Teresa said...

Thank you so much for the pins and needles ornament you sent me. I just love the green linen you used. Using double ribbon was so pretty. I am going to try that. I didn't have an email for you and didn't want to leave a thank you in the last post comments.
Good luck with your studies.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Mouse said...

woo hoo glad you have decided to keep it open :) and lovely gifts both given and received :) enjoy your studying and see ya soon :) love mouse xxxx

CalamityJr said...

SO glad you reconsidered. Please let us know how your studies are going, even when you're too busy to stitch!

diamondc said...

Elisa: Good luck in school, we will lokk forward to your monthly blogging.
Your exchange piece is beautiful I love pin cushions it did tourn out lovely.
The piece you recieved is beautiful also.
Catherine
diamondc

Faye said...

Thank goodness!!! I draw so much inspiration from you I, like so many, would have missed your blog posts terribly....I am glad you are returning and look forward to seeing all your beautiful work! Take care my friend, Faye

Denise said...

Glad you decided to stay! Good luck with school - let us know how it's going!

CATHI said...

Good luck for your studies! Congrats to receive such a lovely TPS cushion! And your stitching for Teresa is beautiful, too! :o)

Cathi

JulieF1962 said...

Thank you for keeping your blog open to everyone! YAY! :)

Gracie said...

Good news all the way round! Look forward to your stitching and now school updates...

Chris said...

A very good decision Elisa, your studies must come first and you have those growing children to take care of too....as someone who got her degree age 41, its a wonderful feeling albeit hard work.
You will enjoy it; be happy in your studies.
Love and Every Blessing

Chris x

Ali said...

Hi, just to say I am so pleased you are keeping blogging, and to wish you well with your studies - I look forward to your posts whenever you are able to do them xx

Hazel said...

I am so glad you haven't ditched blogging altogether. Love the exchange pieces both given and received. I have that PS pattern but have not done that particular one yet. I am so glad I did not get rid of the chart. xx

Nancy said...

Oh, so glad you are sticking around! YEA!! Lovely exchange pieces! Best of luck on your studies!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

So glad you reconsidered Elisa!! I know your blogging and stitching will be taking a back seat with all your studies - it will mean I will savour each of your posts even more!!

Solstitches said...

Lovely gifts both given and received.
Wishing you all the best with your studies.

Margaret

jane said...

I'm so pleased that you are going to continue Elisa. I will endeavour to comment more frequently! Good luck with the studies, hope you find time for some stitching.

Cindy's Stitching said...

the pieces are just beautiful.

Carmen said...

good luck with the studies.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you're going to keep blogging Elisa. Why stop because of some nasty people - they are not worth it.

Hope your studies go well. Enjoy it!

Lovely exchange pieces xx

Angela said...

What lovely exchange pieces both sent and received! I'm so happy both of us are going to continue to blog :)

Best of luck with your school studies.

I'll email you later on tonight when the kids are tucked into bed :)

stitchersanon said...

Errrr..as you know I have been away and popped back today. I have known you a good while from a stitching club to blog..you actually are the inspiration which started me blogging. I have received several very beautiful things from you (and still owe you a PIF lol)..I never found you anything but kind and open. Though my finishes were amateurish compared to your own, you gave me nothing but praise and support and the courage to try new and more complicated finished. You are a good person: your lovely and inspirational. I am sorry you have had something nasty to deal with but I speak as I find...and I find you just perfect thank you! Keep on blogging sweetie and the best of luck with you studies (btw, what are you studying? As a lecturer, if I can help, pm me xxxx) Keep on the good work!

Parsley said...

I'm glad you will continue blogging. I love the Halloween item shown. I may have to stitch that at some point! This is why I like reading blogs...I get to put things on my 'to stitch list'! :-)

Stay happy in stitches!

Catherine said...

I was so glad to see this post from you! Yay! Wishing you the best on your studies and I hope you can take a moment here and there to let us know how you are doing.

Great exchange pieces!

Lynn said...

Glad to see you've reconsidered! Lovely exchanges, both given and received!
Good luck with all your studies. I hope you can still manage to fit in a bit of stitching once in awhile.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you have decided to continue blogging!!! I would have missed your blog and seeing your work greatly. I love your pincushion piece, the colours work so well together. Best of luck with your studies!

Bekca said...

YAY! I'm so pleased you are going to keep blogging Elisa, this blog is one of the best out there. I hope you are enjoying your studies, I know I am. Gorgeous exchange pieces and I can't wait to see what stitchy gifts you're making. Best wishes.

Thoeria said...

I am really really really pleased that you're going to keep on blogging Elisa! You're very brave - I cant imagine studying fulltime again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisa! I have never commented on anyone's blog before and I don't know what has happened here but I am so glad that you are carrying on with your blog. I sat one day and read your blog from the beginning and enjoyed looking at your beautiful stitching and reading about your sweet children.
Yours is usually the first blog I read and I find it very inspiring.
I wish you all the best as you begin your studying.

Sally

Julie said...

Way behind with blogreading, Sept seems to have passed me by

Good luck with the studies

I hope Isaac is fully recovered and back to normal

Blu said...

So glad to hear that you're going to keep on blogging!

Both exchanges are gorgeous.

valerie said...

Gorgeous exchanges! So glad you are going to keep blogging!