Well I just couldn't resist making a start on my teacup, I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon of Shostakovich, Beethoven, Fiddler on the Roof and traditional Yiddish music….very random I know but all for my degree module!
I settled down in front of Becoming Jane and made a start, I stopped for a spot of dinner, then continued afterwards whilst watching Fame and then Made of Honour….by 11pm I had finished the stitching and it was all ready to be fitted into the teacup…
We arrived home from Mass about an hour ago so I set straight on it ….and here it is…
Rose Teacup Pin Cushion – Cross Stitcher Magazine Sept 2011
28c Brittney Antique White – DMC threads as charted
Started – 21st January – Finished – Sunday 22nd January
This was such a fun stitch…..mmmmmm what next I wonder?
Thanks for stopping by…
Hugs & Stitches
33 comments:
This is just beautiful! I love all the different pins.
Too cute hun, love the finishing in the tea cup..
Hugs, Shar
Awww, that's a really sweet idea, love it!
Tea cup is so cute...I love it!
Your teacup pin cushion is such a pretty finish
I love it!
Very pretty. What a wonderful way to use a pretty teacup. Can't believe how fast you got it done.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
Such a sweet finish, how could you not love it? I think I'll have to give one a go sometime
Oh my goodness!! What a sweet finish! Did you make the pins as well?
Love, love, love that finish!
Whoo hoo I too wonder what is next. That is just soooo pretty Elisa well done.
That is so pretty Elisa
Your teacup pincushion turned out really beautiful. :)
Your tea cup design is beautiful, and I love how the polka dots on the saucer make it sort of whimsical. Great job!
That's so beautiful. Congratulations on such a pretty finish! x
Lovely finish
Very pretty, nice design.
Beautiful little pin cushion. What a lovely way to use a tea cup.
Its lovely Elisa x
This looks so stunning! Congratulations.
absolutely beautiful! well done.
Too cute! I love the cup/saucer too. Very pretty!
Love how the teacup turned out! I'm going to have to check out the thrift stores and see if I can find a teacup and saucer to try this with.
that's soooo cute .. I've been looking for a cup and saucer in the charity shops but none have fit the bill yet to do this chart ... glad you enjoyed the musical afternoon :) love mouse xxxxx
Wow, that was a quick stitch! It looks great too.
Elisa: I get some of the greatest ideas from other bloggers and yours is one I am going to try.
Thank-you for sharing.
Catherine
This is such a pretty finish! I have several tea cups that my Mom gave me from her collection and I think this would be a great way of displaying some.
A very clever way to display your lovely stitching :)
your tea cup is so cute! :D
Hi
That is a beautiful finish. Such a good idea.
Your teacup pincushion is beautiful Elisa.
Beautiful teacup!
Congrats on the fabulous teacup finish! I love it :)
What a lovely way to display a stitched piece. So very pretty.
Margaret
Post a Comment