Friday, 2 March 2012

The End of A Long & Busy Week…

Wow it’s been one of those stinkers of a week, I have been feeling dreadful, with the most awful headaches, backache and generally feeling rotten, I finally managed to get an appointment with the GP yesterday…getting an appointment at my surgery is nigh on impossible, anyway I had the full check over, prodded, poked, everything tested and looked at….anyway I have a viral infection….which in layman’s terms I took to mean “we have obviously no idea what is wrong with you!”, they prescribed rest…yeah right, being on my own with a 7 and 3 year old….as if that is going to happen!

Anyway, the backache has slightly decreased today, I still have a headache…I had my eyes tested just before Christmas so I know that isn’t the problem, so I will just have to “sit it out” and see what happens.

I managed to submit my next assignment on Wednesday, 1500 words split into two assignments one about a Benin bronze artefact and and the other on museum displays…mmmm exciting eh!

Well…..onto nicer stitchy and knitty stuff, the kids were at their Dad’s last weekend so once I had done my daily 4 hours of study I managed some knitting and stitching, firstly 3 washcloths…3 different patterns, a garter striped one, a stocking and garter stitch square and a box waffle type one, all knitted in Lily Sugar & Cream.

456427_10150573917422167_667832166_9285659_217409530_o

I have been mainly working on larger projects and I was getting the finish itch, so I kitted up a few smalls, that I could finish quickly to satisfy my craving for a finish or two..

463384_10150573920537167_549486729_o

Shepherd's Bush – Be True

Fabric: 28c Belfast Linen – Antique Ivory

Threads: Six Strand Sweet – Huckleberry Cobbler, Mojitos, Gooseberry Compote, White Peach, Very Berry, Mulberry Wine & Oatmeal Cookies

Started 26.2.12 – Finished 27.2.12

I haven’t decided on how to finish it yet….

472838_10150573922437167_667832166_9285667_1777988035_o

Primitive Betty’s – Strawberries & Bunny free design

Fabric: 32c evenweave – Light Mocha

Threads: DMC

Started 25.2.12 – Finished 26.2.12

I managed a little progress on my UFO..

415904_10150573918727167_667832166_9285663_21468809_o

I also kitted up my March Christmas Ornament for the monthly SAL too

459848_10150573918057167_667832166_9285660_1427339998_o

Talking of SAL’s. Michelle and I start our new one this evening, we will stitch every Friday on it, we are stitching BBD Ann’s Sewing Tray, from the Schoolgirls Work book.

I also sent out the first of my private exchanges for the year to Mouse, I will reveal it when it arrives safely to Mousehouse :0)

Finally….(thank goodness I hear you say!), it was World Book Day yesterday and Martha had to dress up for nursery as a storybook character…she decided she would be Snow White for the day…

466183_10150573040477167_365318281_o

….also Isaac was delighted this week as he received a reply to a letter he sent to Julia Donaldson (author of The Gruffalo), it was handwritten by her and she answered all the questions…how fantastic eh!

Well thanks for reading and if you have got this far…you are certainly doing well!

Have a great weekend whatever you do!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

18 comments:

Gracie said...

It is so hard not to feel well with children to care for. I do hope you will have some rest time. I love the SB piece...beautiful colors.

Solstitches said...

Beautiful SB finish and nice knitted dishcloths too.
I'm liking the new blog look.
Sorry you are feeling so poorly. I hope you'll be better soon.
Margaret

Christina said...

Wow, you've certainly been busy Elisa!

Martha looks very cute as Snow White. Iris went to pre-school dressed as Meg from 'Meg & Mog'.

How lovely that Julia Donaldson took time out to personally reply to Isaac's letter. I wonder how many authors would do that?

Deb said...

Beautiful finish and I love the discloths too. I'm sorry that you're feeling bad. It's got to be the flu - we've been fighting it around here for the past month and it still hangs on. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Just stopping by to say how much I like your SB finish, It's lovely.

It was lovely to hear of an author replying to your son and your daughter looks so very sweet as Snow White too.

Bye

Mindi said...

I hope you start feeling better soon. Your stitching is lovely, the bunny freebie is absolutely adorable. With everything you've been doing I'm amazed you find time to stitch.

Blu said...

Lovely SB finish!

How nice of Julia to answer back! Your daughter looks adorable.

Ruth said...

Wow -- such great success all around. Love the stitching, of course, and everything looks fantastic, but I have to say my favorite news is the book stuff. How cool that he got a letter back (with all the answers no less!) and Snow White! Well Snow White is perfect for Book Day! :)

Thanks for smiling up my day.

Angela said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I know how difficult it is to "rest" when you have young children (or even when they are older). I hope you are able to get rid of that headache soon.

Lovely knitted dishcloths, your finishes are lovely and I like the project you and Michelle are doing for a SAL :)

Take care!

Catherine said...

I do hope you are feeling better! Such sweet finishes!
Martha sure is a cutie!

Michelle said...

Elisa I hope you feel better soon. When they say Viral infection I always take it to mean they don't know whats wrong. Martha looks lovely as snow white. Bruce went as Jake from Jake & the Neverland Pirates but the memory stick on the camera has broken so I lost the photos never mind i guess he'll be Jake again soon! Lovely stitch and knitting. We were out last night but I put my first stitches in so I am set to go next Friday now!

Nicola said...

Gosh the letter will be a collectors item one day. Your DD looks so cute as Snow White. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Christine said...

Hope you feel better soon. Martha looks lovely in her Snow White outfit, and how lovely that Julia Donaldson replied to Isaacs's letter.
Great stitching, I love the bunny one

Lynn said...

Wonderful WIP! The Primitive Betty design is one I haven't seen before and it's a must have for me. I'm off to check out her freebies now. Thanks!
Hope you're feeling lots better soon!

Julie said...

There's a nasty virus about, a know a few who have had it and been really off colour and in such pain, hope you are soon feeling much better.
Martha looks so grown up.
Nice stitching, lots of lovelies to see.

Bekca said...

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough week, I hope the next one is much better for you. Gorgeous stitchy progress, the Shepherd's Bush design is a beauty.
Best wishes.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching and lovely snow white.

Anonymous said...

hi Elisa, I've been trying to buy Lily sugar n cream wool online but cant' find it, I knew I had seen it on someone's blog, glad I finally found your post, I was wondering if you could tell me where you purchase yours? I am wanting to do some dishcloths from the Lily site, thanks x
xstitchmum@hotmail.co.uk