Sunday, 13 May 2012

Crochet and Sacred Sites!

Strange title I know but that is what my last few days has been all about….I spent 6 hours yesterday writing my End of Module assignment on Sacred Sites, Pilgrimages and Mass Tourism….2005 words done, it has headed to my mum for a “fresh eyes” read over, then just some tidying up to do with it and I can submit it! My new module began last weekend, I have completed my introductory activities and will start on the real stuff later today, it’s called Making Sense of Material Culture, therefore studying and analysing objects, relics, remains etc.…very interesting stuff! I had a rummage around a charity bookshop the other day and discovered these treasures …which will be of use for my next module!

IMAG0775

I have managed a small amount of stitching here and there throughout the week….I finished my third little heart for my PIF on Facebook, it’s by Alexandrina, I used DMC threads.

IMAG0810

Secondly I started my May Christmas Ornament for the Year Long Christmas SAL…it’s LHN Gingerbread Village, May’s theme is Gingerbread person/s!

461798_10150789772397167_667832166_9760878_383899122_o

Sally very kindly sent me Shepherd’s Bush “The Journey” that she had completed, Barb had very kindly passed it to her, so once I have stitched it then I in turn shall be passing it along!

Sending you get well hugs and wishes too Sally!

IMAG0776

Crochet…as many of you may know this has been on my to learn list for several years…I tried late last year but it didn't quite work, but I bit the bullet and watched some YouTube tutorials, my first attempt was very wonky and odd, but here is my second attempt…I am going to start on a blanket/throw in the next few days so will show you progress on that!

475439_10150789757242167_667832166_9760781_232994124_o

Finally for you fellow tea lovers….my Mum works where I used to work and a few of the weekend girls which work there are students from the university who are over from Taiwan, they have just returned from a visit back home and brought these little gifts back. Mum is not a tea drinker but she knows I am…

 460864_10150789758097167_667832166_9760784_2120257525_o

Chrysanthemum tea…in little muslin bags…aren’t they sweet…I am going to have one of these later today!

477233_10150789759442167_667832166_9760787_1162296946_o

Well the sun is shining but there are many black clouds in the sky, so I am going to get the strimmer on my back garden which is resembling a meadow at the present time…before the rain decides to fall…yet again!

Have a great Sunday…Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

5 comments:

Catherine said...

You've certainly been busy! Your next module sounds interesting ~ good luck!
Cute stitches and crochet too. Enjoy your tea!

Julie said...

Enjoy some time away from the books in the garden, well done on the crochet.

Thoeria said...

Your study topics sound very interesting, Elisa :) Sweet stitching and that's a lovely chart. Congrats on making headway with the crochet! I've had it on my to do/learn list for quite some time too! Look forward to seeing your progress on the throw!

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching Elisa - Mmmm enjoy the tea it sounds wonderful. Well done on your achievements so far with your studies xx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :)