Saturday, 19 January 2013

Tweet Tweet!

No not a post about twitter or tweeting…lol….the title just seemed apt for this little finish, I actually finished the embroidery before Christmas but just made it up today….

774652_10151191280792167_1442192551_o385272_10151191280677167_16771401_n410855_10151191281287167_1648240237_o487248_10151191280567167_2087133593_n

The design is by Hatched and Patched and I used WDW threads and some fabric and trims from my stash…I am pleased how it has turned out…I will use this as my new pincushion as it's a good size.

The other news I have is that I have made a decision in regards to my studies, I have now dropped out from the OU as the direction I wished to follow were not offered and it seemed ridiculous to do a degree in something I really wasn’t enjoying. But the good news is that I begin a new 2 year course in September studying for the Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies, the workload for this course will be more manageable and there are 10 hours of classroom time for each of the 8 modules and an assignment, plus following on from this course and also using my credits gained from my two OU courses I will be able to carry on to study for a Degree in Religious Studies, therefore it is good news and smiles all around!!

Snow again here today, but a quiet weekend in with tasty home cooked food and a few treats!

Enjoy your weekend and keep warm!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Your finish is gorgeous.
Good luck with your studies.
Lovely crochet too!
Happy weekend.

Fiona said...

Lovely finish Elisa and best of luck in your new course & future degree :)

CalamityJr said...

Love your new finish, and I applaud your changing direction when you knew you wouldn't enjoy what was available to study. Kudos to you!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your study news and your lovely finish.

Catherine said...

Such a sweet finish! Best wishes on your new course studies!!

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa I love this finish - so cute. Well done. I recognise the other items in the picture also being such a fan! I am so pleased for you that you are happier with your studies and I think you made the right choice xx

Brita said...

Congrats on finding a course more suited to you and being accepted for it, too. Wishing you all the best for it and enjoy your free time until then. Love your finish :-)

Gracie said...

Wonderful finishes. Wishing you all the best in your new studies.

Kay said...

I have popped by to have a look and saw your gorgeous pincushion. I have done cross stitch for years but am hoping to try some embroidery this year. Good luck with your new studies too.

Andrea said...

Love the pincushion. Good luck with the new studies.

Tatkis said...

Adorable pincushion!
Good luck and enjoy your new study!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Bekca said...

I'm so glad to hear you've managed to sort out your studying so that it suits you best. You really are my hero for balancing Uni and life.
Congrats on the lovely finish too!
Best wishes.