The holidays are over, back to school tomorrow for the kiddiewinks, it’s flown by, probably because I’ve had to work over the Christmas break and we’ve been busy fitting in appointments to the dentist and the doctors etc around this.
I’ve also been fitting in my studies every evening, a few evenings of reading for my religion module, Islam is the religion I’m currently studying, plus I’ve had an assignment to write for my other module, creative writing; a short story, play extract or poem, I opted for the poem, which was on the subject of Borstal (a young offenders institution for my non UK readers). it’s been a challenge, I’m not naturally a creative writer, but I’ve battled through and have my final draft ready to tweak tomorrow, I’ve also drafted my reflective commentary to go alongside it. It’ll be submitted Tuesday, then back to Islam and I’ve also Dickens' Hard Times to read….
I’ve managed a little stitching….I’ve got my first finish for 2014…LHN Sheep Virtues ‘Simplicity’
I’ve got a few stitching plans for this year, I want to finish up the Sheep Virtues series, I’m half way through the 12, I’ve a few larger projects I want to work on, but apart from that I’m not pressurising myself. I have made a start on a crochet blanket for my bed, its king size so it’s a big project, I’m hooking granny circles to go into square…lovely bright pops of colour.
Anything else that takes my fancy will just fit in around my larger projects…
Well m’dears, it’s time for sleep….an early start tomorrow…
Thanks for popping by…
Hugs and Stitches
12 comments:
really pretty. Good luck with school.
Sounds like school is keeping you busy. I also will not pressure myself with the stitching. Love the sheep series.
Lovely finish.
We are all back to normal today, the boys left for work, they were not impressed!
You are certainly keeping yourself busy Elisa - take time out for you xx lovely finish xx
Sweet finish! Looks like a great list of crafting goals with your busy schedule.
A gorgeous finish. Good luck with your 2014 plans.
Best of luck with your studies Elisa. After the holidays, I'll be going back for my final semester - eek! It's almost time to face the real world!
Great stitching, I look forward to seeing your crochet project.
Good luck with all of the studies. Great stitching. Stitching is supposed to be therapeutic and relaxing, I'm with you, no pressure to finish anything.
Your stitching is lovely. I like cross stitch, it's soothing. Good luck with your giant blanket. I've been working on a similar project since last summer and am not even half way through but there is no rush, it will get done when it gets done. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out. x
I'd love to ask you which type and colour of fabric you're stitching the Little Sheep Virtues on. I've tried to start them several times but can't get the fabric right at all. Your fabric choice looks ideal for my taste. I hope you don't mind me asking.
You are a busy, busy lady!! Love your sheep and looking forward to seeing your blanket!
Pretty finish! Good luck with your studying. xx
Post a Comment