
I had a childfree couple of hours yesterday morning so headed off to the local stitch shop, The Viking Loom, just in the shadow of York Minster. I had decided to stitch the How Does Your Garden Grown SAL in DMC linen threads, in the 2 colours of mauve and sage with mauve beeds, so I headed along there to choose a 32c linen, I finally found one in a lovely sage/hessian colour, after standing in the street with several fabrics and the threads, to see which worked the best...lol. Whilst I was in there I also bought 6 fat quarters of pretty fabrics for tucks & ornies & some black beads (I admit that after almost 25 years of stitching I cannot do french knots!!), the beads are a god send for little eyes etc.
I started last night using 2 threads over 2, but it just didn't look right, then I realised I had stitched the green instead of the mauve...grrrr!! After unpicking an hours work I decided to stitch in 1 thread over 2 and it looks so much better. I sat with my feet up and started to watch my all time favourite series "Pride & Prejudice" the series with Colin Firth...mmmmm!! I was in heaven, I intend to do exactly the same again tonight.
I also received some SSS stash from Tonya at Six Strand Sweets, this parcel was mailed on 27th December and I have only just received it, we had begun to give up all hope of it every arriving, there is another 2 parcels somewhere over the atlantic on 2 very old carrier pigeons which have lost their way. Talking of SSS, at the top is my Sunday finish, an Easter picture to be made into an ornament, it's all stitched in SSS. I will post another picture once it is finished.

2 comments:
I have just started reading your blog and you are doing a great job. I love your easter stitching. Enjoy your new stash I have some SSS on the way too.
Colin Firth as Mr Darcy - Oh DROOL! Great way to spend an evening or two. ;0)
Love the little Easter design, the inner border is so pretty.
Glad your new stash turned up eventually.
Post a Comment