Sunday, 10 February 2008

Lazy Sunday...

That's exactly what it is today....a lazy Sunday, a lie in until 8am which believe me is a miracle in this house as the little lord and master is usually awake at 5am...it was 6am today and OH got up with him this morning so I got an extra couple of hours beauty sleep :), then a leisurely breakfast and a checking of my emails and groups before a shower and getting dressed at 11am..so nice.

Above is the picture of my Valentines ornament sent to Elizabeth on the SSS group, she received the ornament yesterday so I can now share a picture of it with you, it was a patchwork heart free chart from
www.cross-stitching.com. I stitched it in SSS and made it into a heart shaped hanging ornament.

This is my Papillion Garden SAL, I have now completed part two and I am loving stitching this one, it is on 32c sand Jobelan linen with DMC linen threads, I decided just to do the two colour version as I wanted a really natural coloured look to the sampler, I have also chosen mauve Mill Hill seed beeds to use on the sampler once all the stitching is completed.

This one is for me...most of my stitching is given as gifts to friends and family or for exchanges but this one and the L*K Double Flips are both MINE!!

I am going to be starting a simple but pretty sampler for a mum as a Mother's day gift, in Polstitches Dragon Floss on Antique White 32c Jobelan, as you can probably tell I love using 32c Jobelan, I don't really enjoy stitching on aida anymore, mainly linen and evenweave.

Well enough of my waffling, time for more stitching...have a good Sunday

Happy Stitching

Hugs

4 comments:

Claire said...

Both are so pretty - I especially like the subtle tones of the Papillon design - something that I would like to achieve.

Hugs
Claire

Sally said...

Your Pc piece is looking gorgeous and the ornament is really pretty.

Karan said...

Nice start to the day. :0)
Love the subtle colours of your PC piece. It's amazing to see how different all the pieces look.
Cute little ornie too. :0)

Christina said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I love the colors you are using on your Papillion.