Thursday, 14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Today I could open my Valentine's exchange from my Secret Partner on the Jayne's Attic Stitch & Stash Group and this is what I received, a gorgeous stitched ornament/scissorkeep it is one of the designs which I have had my eye on to stitch, Heart Throb by The Drawn Thread, it is stitched in the most beautiful colours and finished perfectly as you can see from the close up picture below. I also received a Pocket Garden of Pomonette Daisies, I can't wait to plant them and wait for them to grow, thank you so much for a gorgeous gift.

Here is the finished exchange peice for the SSS group, it is an easter ornament all stitched in Six Strand Sweets and backed in the most gorgeous fabric which I ordered from Creative Fabrics, unfortunately I can only upload 5 pictures so I can't show the back fabric here, but I will be up loading them all to my webshots album for you to see.

I finished this little sampler bellpull for my Mum for Mother's day, it was a free pattern with the most recent issue of CrossStitcher, I have stitched it on Georgian Hand Dyed Polstitches 28c evenweave and it is all stitched in Polstitches Dragon Floss, with Mill Hill pink glass beads and finished with a gold heart charm, this only took me about 6 hours in all to stitch and finish, which I was really pleased with.

Here is the card I have made for My Valentine Jeff, it is a teabag folded card, with peel offs and red jewelled hearts. We are having a quiet night in with our favourite dinner of steak, chips and peas, followed by Ben & Jerry's Phish Food Ice Cream...perfect.

I have had some nice post for the past couple of days too, a free Heart in Hand chart I won in a draw, thanks to Claire for this and for Katie for pulling my name out of the hat:), the Jayne's Attic COM hand dyed fabric of the month, in an exquisite violet shade, a selection of patchwork fabrics from Creative Fabrics and of course the gorgeous Valentines Exchange Gift.

Also on Tuesday I met up with two of the ladies from one of the stitching groups I belong to, we had a coffee & cake and talked about stitching (of course) and visited the Viking Loom, I was very good and only bough a couple of things: some Warm and Natural batting & 2 charts which were in the bargain bin, very restrained for me. It was wonderful to meet them and I look forward to doing it again very soon.

Well enough from me today, I hope that you all have a wonderful evening with your valentine..I will spend it with my two Valentines, Jeff & my stitching...lol

Happy Stitching

Hugs


3 comments:

Karan said...

Lovely fob & gifts for the exchange. Great finishes too - think your Mum's going to be pleased. :0)
Really like your card - never tried the folding.

Christina said...

What a beautiful exchange gift. Your bell pull is beautiful, your Mother will love it. You did a great job on the card too, I'm sure your OH really loved it.

Sally said...

Beautiful exchange peices and I love the bellpull you stitched for your Mum. I bet she will love it.

The card you made is gorgeous:)