Thursday, 7 February 2008

Thursday already?

I don't know where the week has gone, I have been so busy at work this week, as it is the week before half term everyone wants to hold their meetings and training sessions, so it has been manic. Not that should complain I have enormous targets this year so all the £s spend gets me closer.

I have had a busy stitching week too so far, I stitched this little keyring for an exchange on the SSS Group, it is stitched on 32c white Jobelan, 1over 1 in SSS Wildberry Cobler, it was tricky on the eyes but had to be a tiny design to fit in the keyring space. I have made a little headway on my L*K SAL and my Papillion GG SAL, but not as much as I thought I would have.

I finally got around to making up my unplanned blue floral peice into a little cushion, I have no idea if I intend to keep it or give it as a gift. It is my Grans birthday in June and she loves blue so maybe I could give it as part of her present :)


I backed it in some pretty blue rosebud material and used my new invisible thread to attach the cording, which was so much easier than glueing it, I end up making such a mess doing it this way.
I have made a start on the Jayne's Attic Monthly Challenge, it is a gorgeous design and I am using some gorgeous coloured thread, it is looking lovely, I have an idea of how I am going to finish it, I just hope I have the time.

Jeff and I are going away for Valentines to London to vist the Tutankhamen Exhibition at the O2 Bubble, it is the closest I will get to Egypt at the moment. I have been fascinated with Ancient Egypt since I was around 8 years old, I studied a 4 year Diploma in Egyptology, with the intention of finishing it to complete a degree, someday I will qualifiy!! We had booked a holiday to cruise down the Nile and do all the sights, but I fell pregnant so that never materialised...we hope to go for our honeymoon...whenever that will be..lol!!

Happy Stitching!!

Hugs


2 comments:

Christina said...

Great job on your stitching, they are wonderful. I really love the pillow.

I am so jealous of your trip to see the Tutankhamun Exhibit. I would love to see it. Even with it coming to Texas (US) it is still too far for me. :( Have a wonderful time.

Karan said...

Cute key ring & the cushion is very pretty, like how you've finished it.
Oh, I love anything to do with ancient Egypt - green with envy here! Would love to know what you think about the exhibition. Have fun. :0)