Sunday, 23 March 2008

Snowy Easter Sunday


Happy Easter fellow bloggers on this cold and snowy Easter Sunday morning, this was the sight from my back door at 6am this morning when my DS decided he wanted to get up and see what the Easter Bunny had brought him :0). He had brought him a fluffy lamb and a big Easter Egg from Mummy and Daddy and even more eggs from Grandma & Grandpa and Great Gran & Great-Grandad...so he is one happy bunny too!!

The Easter Bunny must have remembered I am on a diet as I received only one Easter Egg...but it is my Favourite a Cadbury's Creme Egg one...is it just me or does Easter Egg chocolate just taste the best?? My parents bought me an exquisite bead necklace instead of choccie and my Grandparents some lovely smellies....this diet lark is good...lol!!

OH & DS will be going in the garden very soon to build a snowman whilst I start the vegetables for dinner, we usually have our Sunday dinner (when we have one...not that often) at teatime but today I am going to cook it for lunchtime. Not the traditional lamb as both OH and myself don't like lamb so a good old Roast Beef and all the trimmings instead.

Now onto stitching...no finishes to share, I have been plodding through my WIP's this week, I have completed page one of my "Little Book" and made a start on page 2. I am about half way through part 3 of my Papillion Garden, no work this week on L*K Double Flips though. I have made a start on the India Grace Designs Hardanger challenge...it was all going too well with the central design, all the Algerian Eyelets and Kloster Blocks all done and looking great....I then made a start on the blanket stich which was going great ....until....I came to a corner and then I got a total mental block and no matter how many times I looked at the instructions I could not fathom out how to turn the corner....therefore it has gone back in my workbox for a couple of days until I read it again with a fresh mind...it may become clear as mud then!!

I was in need of a finish though...I do get finish withdrawals after a few weeks so I started a L*K snippet last night which is just about finished, I hope to get it done whilst dinner is cooking then I intend to make it up into a pinkeep. I stitched most of it whilst watching Pride and Prejudice last night (the film with Keira Knightley), I didn't enjoy it as much as the series with the delectable Mr Firth, it was all too rushed and crammed and so much was missed out of the story...but it was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

I have received some nice stash this past week, some lovely charts from Thread Bear, a couple of Prairie Schooler ornament books and a Bent Creek Blackbird Sampler chart, plus a couple of LHN charts too "Home of a Needleworker" and "The Bookshelf". I have got a couple of others on their way from DSL in the US, but they will take a little longer to arrive.

I also received some lovely hand dyed fabbie from Jayne at JA, the fabbie of the month is Jonquil a lovely lemon/cream colour, a selection of Polstitches Dragon Floss, DD scissors, some hand dyed Polstitches fabbie (Mummies Curse & Heirloom) and perles for my hardanger project. Finally two beautiful handmade beaded scissor fobs from Kay :)

Yesterday I spent 4 hours organising my card stash and putting it into some order as it was such a mess, it made some more room in the drawers so I could transfer non stitching stuff from my stitching stash cabinet, which now means I have more room to organise my stitching stash and more space means more room for new stash...LMAO!!

Wow...I have just realised how long this post it...so I will forgive you if you are snoring my now....

Have a great weekend all and thanks for your comments

Happy Stitching
Hugs


3 comments:

Sally said...

That's what our garden looked like when DH got up at 6.30 to watch the Malaysian grand prix! He took some piccies so I could see! Lol! It's thawing fast now but we have had another huge flurry. Hope we get more!

You've been very busy stitching and stashing:)

Stitchingranny said...

You had a lot more in Yorkshire than we got. In our part of Derbyshire it was only a thin sprinkling even at 6 am.

Julie said...

Our garden was just the same, when i let the cat out at 5am there was not sign of snow, but when i woke at 6.30 WOW what a shocker!!

Great stitching and stash buying