Monday, 24 March 2008

Easter Finish


This is the Lizzie*Kate Design which I started on Saturday night and completed yesterday, this is the first mattress pinkeep I have made, which I am quite pleased with. It is a L*K Snippet deisgn stitched on 32c Silkweaver hand dyed linen...not sure of the colour though. I used Polstitches Dragon Floss in Love & Laughter, Flippin Frogs, Barrels of Laughter, Rainbow's End, Friendship & Congratulations, which has given it a springlike look, I added a little bow shaped button and a flower button to finish it off. Not sure whether this is going to be a pressie for someone or a pressie for me...it will go in my finishes box until it is decided :0)

I also started a small design last night which is a SMO freebie design which I am stitching in SSS Rummed Rasin and Sweet Baby Boysenberry, it is for an exchange on the SSS Group so no reveals for this for a good month or so.



Here are my boys with their handiwork of daddy and son snowmen built at 9am yesterday morning...complete with carrot noses :0)...the snow has just about melted but 2 forlorn looking mounds of snow are evident on the grass with wonky carrot noses.

As the sun is shining (even though it is freezing cold) we are venturing out into town for lunch (McDonalds if the boys have their way). New welly boots are needed too as we discovered when Isaac has very soggy wet socks after his play in the snow...I am sure a toy will be purchased too...a "be good" bribe...lol

Have a good Monday

Hugs

6 comments:

Lynn said...

A lovely Easter finish, well done :)
A fun photo of your 'men' too
I'm jealous of the snow men, we haven't had any snow at all :(

Christina said...

Great job on your pinkeep.
I love Isacc's snowman. It is adorable.

Julie said...

What a stunning finish, i love that Elisa, i've still to try a matress one.

WTG dad and lad!! great snowmen

Sally said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep Elisa. I really must try one of these.

Love the snowmen!

Karan said...

Such a pretty finish Elisa, love it. Great pics of your fellas with their handiwork. :0) The snow didn't hang around long enough here.

Anonymous said...

lovely finish, really love the colours you've used.
Love the snowman!