Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Mother's Day & A Weekend Finish

Mother's Day was a different day to what I had originally planned. Isaac spoilt me with a beautiful handmade card with hyacinths finger painted onto it and some beautiful purple & pink tulips and a toblerone...yummy:) I did have a pedicure booked for the lunchtime, but the salon called me to say that the new podiatrist hadn't turned into work so they had to re-arrange the appointment until this coming Saturday. I wasn't that bothered as it means I have an excuse to go into town on my own and then I can head off to my LNS for a bit of stash therapy...lol. My parents came for dinner and we had pizza, salad and garlic bread followed by Lemon Drizzle Cake....yummy:). My mum loved the stitched bellpull band sampler I stitched for her, along with some little notelets and fridge magnet and a posy of flowers from Isaac.
Here is my Mother's Day gift to myself, I decided to order the back catalogue of the Gift of
Stitching. I saw this in the June 2007 edition and just fell in love with it. It is a design by The Sweetheart Tree called Opalescent Heart, I stitched it on 32c Wichelt Lambswool Linen, with the recommended DMC threads and used some opal, pink & pearl beads from my bead box. I started it on Friday evening and completed it on Sunday evening, I am really pleased how it has turned out :) On the back I have just cross-stitched my initials, I haven't decided where to put it yet, it is too nice for a pinkeep, it may go on the shelf in my bedroom for me to admire.

Now onto some really exciting news, I have booked to go on a girlie stitching holiday in Normandy in May, with some of the girls from one of my stitching groups, we are heading off to a farmhouse for a long weekend of stitching, chat, good food and wine...and best of all...NO MEN or CHILDREN!! I am already deciding on what I should take with me to stitch....lol...the countdown has now started.
The March Challenge was revealed on the Jayne's Attic forum and this months design is a retired one from Blue Ribbon Designs called Alphabet Tree, I haven't decided on my colours and fabbie yet, but I have decided how I intend to finish the peice this month...so you will need to wait until 29th to see it!!
I hope to finish a little exchange peice this afternoon, it is for an exchange on the XSP group, I have decided to do the Prairie Schooler freebie of the month, so hopefully I will have a picture to post of this tomorrow or Thursday.

I am awaiting the postman today as I have some pink enveloped stash on it's way, those of you who are members of the Jayne's Attic forum, know exactly what I mean!!
Well enough of my waffling, but before I go I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU!! to all the readers of my blog and the fantastic comments they leave, it does mean so much to me.
Happy Stitching
Hugs

9 comments:

Susimac said...

Oh WOW that is so lovely - congratulations on your finish. BTW I adore your tulips the colour is so pretty.

Marion said...

Hello Elisa, wonderful, that I have found your blog.

Wonderful things have you stitched.

Yours,

Marion (xstitchpals)

Julie said...

What a clever idea to finger paint the hyacinth, it looks so real

WOWZA the Sweetheart Tree is superb, i'd forgotten about that one in the mag ... i've forgotten about a lot of them ... me thinks i need to spend some time looking through back issues LOL

I think i've finally chosen my fabby and threads for the monthly challenge, but when i come to sit and do it,i might change my mind for the 100th time !!!

Karen said...

the sweetheart tree is lovely , , I love the flowers you got for mothers day
I am wondering how everyone will finish off their challenge this month

Mylene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mylene said...

It looks wonderful!

And the tulips are just lovely.

Carol said...

Ooh it's gorgeous Elisa. I shall definitely be stitching this one some time! :o)

Karan said...

Lovely tulips & card, bet your DS had fun making that. :0)
Love the ST piece, it's absolutely gorgeous Elisa.
Haven't chosen my challenge fabric & thread either but have two finishing techniques in mind. Decisions!

Sandra said...

The Sweetheart Tree finish is just lovely. Lucky you - a stitching holiday! It will come around in no time!