Finally a couple of finishes...
....one I can show and one I can't. The reason for this is one of the finishes is the Needleroll for the Secret Needleroll Exchange on the JA Stitch & Stash Forum. The reveal date for this is 31st May so you will have to be patient. It was my first needleroll finish and being honest I am delighted how well it has come out, I am not sure if the hemming stitch is exactly as it should be but it doesn't look daft so I am happy with it.My other finish is shown below it is for XStitchPals, monthly exchange, which this month is a small stitched item, I decided to stitch Pat this mini biscornu scissor fob, it is a freebie design which I have had in my stash so long I honestly can't remember where it is from. It is stitched on Antique White 28c Jobelan evenweave, over one with House of Embroidery "Desert Sands", finished with 2 mini cream buttons and a pale green ribbon. I hope that Pat likes it :)
I received some stash this week too from Jayne, firstly the final 2 Lizzie*Kate Double Flips 2008, which has given me a nudge as I really need to make some more progress on this. My other stash "pinkies" contained some of Jayne's hand dyed fabbies; "Enchanted" a subtle lilac/pink marbled shade and "Pretty" a creamy buttercup colour, also my 2 thread clubs firstly my Carries threads, which I only need about 20 more to complete the set and the other new club I have started for Dragon Floss which I just love.
I have just joined the Monthly Finishing Challenge Blog, which I am really pleased about, this month is a biscornu, which is great as I am about half way through the Debbie Draper Spring Flowers Kit which I received from Jane as part of the JA Stitch & Stash Spring Kit Exchange. So I intend to stitch this up and fill it with some lavender and give it to my Gran as a birthday present for 7th June and reveal it on the blog as my monthly finish.As the Stitch & Stash Forum is currently down I am not sure what is happening about the Monthly Challenge, I must email Karen and find out what is going on with it.I am pleased to tell you I have had 5 days sickness free and am feeling a little more energetic now. I have an appointment to see the consultant tomorrow and have my first dating scan a week today (which hopefully will confirm my dates are correct 12 weeks). So look out for photos next week!! My stitch mojo is coming back now that my sickness is disappearing and my energy is coming back, which is a good job, seen as I am heading off to France for my girls stitching holiday in less that 2 weeks, I have a new LHN design all kitted up and ready to take along with me.Well enough of my waffling for today, time for lunch, then some stitching, my OH has been to the shop and bought me a toblerone for a treat:)Happy Stitching
5 comments:
A lovely biscornu, i'm sure it will be well received.
Can't wait to see the needelroll, it's fun when it's a secret exchange and you don't know who sent and you have to try and play Sherlock Holmes. Lovely stash parcels too. Good Luck tomorrow, hope all goes well {{hugs}}
a lovely little biscornu, I'm sure it will be much loved :)
I'm just doing my first needleroll too, but it's not for the exchange lol.
good luck at your appointment, hope baby is playing along and gives you a nice wave ;)
Lovely mini biscornu. Love the colours.
Looking forward to seeing the needleroll:) Mine is ready to go soon.
Nice new stash too:)
Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Great job on your biscornu, very pretty. Enjoy your new stash. Looking forward to seeing your needleroll. Glad you are feeling better.
Hope all goes well with the scan Elisa, will enjoy seeing a pic. :0)
So glad the sickness & tiredness are easing off for you.
Lovely biscornu & great new stash haul. I LOVE pinkies! :0) LOL
Post a Comment