As promised here is the picture of my completed biscornu, stitched with the Freebie Spring Themed Kit I received from Jane on the Stitch & Stash Forum. It is the Debbie Draper Spring Flowers Design, stitched on Cream 28c evenweave in Dinky Dyes Silk Purple Haze, Jane included pearl buttons and some beads, which I have used too. Thanks Jane it was a great kit and I have enjoyed stitching it. I am going to give this to my Gran as part of her birthday gift :) It is also my reveal on the Monthly Finishing Challenge Blog which I have just joined.
I am slightly concerned as my mini biscornu scissor fob stitched for Pat, has not yet reached her and it was send a week ago, alas I feel it has gone wayward, so I will stitch something else for Pat. Blooming Royal Mail, this is not the first time this has happened, if I had a fiver for each time something has gone missing, which I have sent or someone has sent to me...I would be relatively well off!! I want to know why they never lose bills....I think there are some stitching & stash addicts in the sorting offices somewhere...with a rather large collection!!
I has a busy day at work yesterday, I don't usually work on a Saturday, but it was the annual Coeliac Food Fayre which we host so it is an all hands on deck day, as a pregnant lady I did get the easy tasks, no lifting and sat on the till in the cafe most of the day. I had a nice relaxing evening though knitting my second hat for the Save the Children hat appeal, OH went and bought us a takeaway so no cooking either :0)
This time next weekend I will be sat in the garden of a traditional farmhouse in Normandy with some of my online stitching friends, There are 4 of us heading over to Normandy for a long weekend for a girls only stitching break, hosted by Iris and her daughter Fleur. With some time to visit the LNS and chocolate shop, a quilting demonstration from a local lady and a stitching workshop, lots of homecooked food & vino (not for me though unfortunately) it promising to be an enjoyable few days :0)
It is going to be a hot one again today, I intend to cut the lawn and do the washing , then spend the afternoon sat in the garden stitching, I have a childfree afternoon as Grandma & Grandpa are taking all the grand-kids off for the afternoon and over night too!
Happy sunbathing & stitching to all...
Hugs

9 comments:
That is pretty Elisa. Enjoy your holiday
Your finish is beautiful, she is going to love it. Sorry your package was lost in the mail. Your holiday sounds wonderful have a great time. Can't wait to read all about it.
Very pretty finish! I'm working on my first ever biscornu for the monthly finishing challenge too (if I ever get off the computer, lol!)
What a lovely biscornu. Maybe your package has just been delayed.... give it a few more days before you start something else.
Your trip sounds like heaven, looking forward to hearing all about that when you come home
Beautiful finish Elisa.
Re Missing packages. When you post at the post office ask for a proof of posting certificate - its free - and you are entitled to compensation if the package goes missing. If you take into account not only the cost of the materials but your work too this should be about £10 - £15 for a small item.
i love your work Elisa. see you on friday for our mad weekend lol
love kath
The biscornu looks lovely Elisa, glad you enjoyed stitching it.
Have a lovely stitching break - I have just reyurned from one and had a great time !
Love your biscornu Elisa. It is so pretty.
Enjoy your weekend. It sounds like heaven:)
Another very pretty biscornu - lovely gift, am sure your Gran will love it. :0)
Hope the missing package turns up.
Post a Comment