Sunday, 27 July 2008

Sunny Sunday.....

Well firstly here is my Monthly Challenge finish, I cheated slightly as I have also used this peice as my finish for the Monthly Finishing Challenge blog too as it was a scissor pocket finish and I wanted to try a new finish for this month, so it seemed the perfect idea to do it together.
I have stitched this on 26c Ivory Permin Linen with Caron Wildflowers in Ocean Breeze, which was the thread I received from Jane as part of the Biscornu Exchange on the JA Stitch & Stash Forum. The design is "Love" by Debbie Draper.

Here are a couple of pictures (not very good ones) of the exquisite flowers I received from my "date" on Friday, my favourites of Stargazer Lillies, with purple orchids and carnations, the scent from them is amazing, I feel totally spoilt and it is so nice to be appreciated and spoilt, it hasn't happened for so long, it feels very strange but nice....watch this space!


Back to stitching....I have managed to make a start on the Patchwork Baby Sampler and hope to do some more work on that later today, so I should have an update picture for you soon.

The weather is slightly cooler today...thanks goodness I thought I was going to pass out yesterday, being pregnant in the summer in the the heat is not much fun!! At least my last couple of months should be when it is cooler...but knowing the British weather you can never quite tell.

Have a good Sunday whatever your plans...

Hugs

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the scissor pocket Elisa, well done :)

The flowers are goreous, lucky you, he must be a good one to give you some thing so nice :)

Christine said...

Great finish on the challenge!
Beautiful flowers too.

starydreamer said...

beautiful finish and flowers you lucky thing :-)

Chris said...

Hi Elisa,

I loved the scissor's pocket, my sort of colours. And the flowers are wow, what a lovely man to arrive with such a bouquet.Hope it turns out alright for you..

Chris

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely finish and beautiful flowers

Julie said...

Nice finish for the challenge, gorgeous flowers too, i dont have lillies in my house although i love them as they can poison cats.

Christina said...

Well done on your scissor pocket, it is great.

Your flowers are beautiful.

Sally said...

That is a lovely finish for the S&S SAL challenge Elisa. I'm looking forward to trying one of these soon.

The flowers are gorgeous.

Karan said...

Lovely scissor pocket - colours are gorgeous.
Beautiful flowers too. Enjoy being spoiled. :0)
Hope you're feeling better now the weather is starting to cool down.