Sunday, 24 August 2008

Garden Centre Goodies Galore!!

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing day, as Isaac had started with a sickness bug on Friday evening, which continued throughout the night, poor little man he was so frightened during the night, it is awful being so sick. I was up most of the night so was absolutely shattered yesterday morning, I had to strip my bed as he slept in with me so I was on hand with the poorly bowl and baby wipes!! So Saturday was spent just sitting around and napping, watching TV and stitching. Little man had a 4 hour sleep in the afternoon so I managed to get my head down for an hour or so. He felt better after that and had some toast and warm water to drink. We sat and watched "Last Choir Standing" and "X-Factor", before he headed to bed.
I did manage to get lots of stitching done too which I was pleased about as I was quite behind on my monthly goals. I completed and finished my Monthly Challenge peice for the Stitch and Stash Forum, which has turned out great, I was a bit unsure of the colours at first but they work together once it was all finished, reveal day is next weekend so you will have to be patient until then to see a picture :) I also started and completed a little Halloween Ornament for an exchange on the Phoenix Stitchers group, this is the picture of it below.
Designer: Jeanette Douglas Designs
Fabric: 28c Jobelan Moss
Threads: DMC 721, 471, 310
I have backed it with some orange and back pumpkin fabric from my fabric drawer
As Isaac was feeling better this morning we went to the local garden centre with my parents, they have a lovely tearooms so we started with a mid morning treat, Isaac decided on a freshly baked warm cheese scone and a glass of water and I plumped for a peice or should I say wedge of lemon meringue pie teamed with a pot of Earl Grey tea with a slice of lemon...very refined!
A well as plants the garden centre has a lovely gift area and I really wanted a basket to pop on my hearth to display my stitched smalls, I found this lovely natural basket for on £4.75 and it is the perfect size for my needleroll, ornies, pinkeeps etc. I hated not having anywhere to display them, as they certainly need to be admired, there are a mixture of my work and also received stitched peices :)

I decided to buy a couple of bunches of spray carnations, there were so many they are spread between 2 vases, they are beautiful varigated ones, one is deep mauve and light mauve, the other is what I would describe as peach melba, palest lemon/peach with a deeper corally peach edge, they have really brightened up the lounge.

I also bought my first Christmas present...I know it is early but I will be out of action from mid November after my caesarean so I need to have all my Christmas Shopping done before I have baby. I bought my Grandad (who is an addicted gardener) a tube of Norfolk Lavender, The Fragrant Gardener, Hand and Nail Scrub...it smells delightful, I hope that he likes it.

Below is this gorgeous soap tin, of which there were 3 varieties, but I was restrained and only purchased one, it is for all my packets of needles in my workbox, it was only £1.75 so quite a bargain really, all 3 would have been stretching the budget a bit...lol!

I received some stash bits from Sew and So yesterday, they are for a biscornu which I am stitching for my Mum's birthday in just over a week, it seems to have come around so quickly. I have decided to stitch her the Flower Garden Biscornu by Lody Steward, which appeared in the June 2008 edition of the GOSM, I 90% completed side one of it last night and will settle down after this blog post to complete it and start the second side, I have some lovely lavender which I am going to put inside too so it is all scented for her.
Well enough of my waffles...time for stitching, hope everyone is having a great bank holiday weekend, whatever they are up to!!
Hugs & Happy Stitching




8 comments:

Ginnie said...

I love your basket idea, what a great way to display the small stuff!

Clara said...

Your basket is really cool, and I really like your Halloween ornament. I am glad your little man is feeeling better. Your flowers are gorgeous. You always have the most beautiful photos at the top of your blog.

Julie said...

Nice basket and tin. Pretty ornie for the exch too. Glad Isaac is better, its no fun bieng sick.

Karan said...

Poor Isaac - hope he's feeling much better now.... & that you've managed to catch up on some sleep too (((((hugs))))).
Love the basket of smalls & those flowers are beautiful, I couldn't have resisted them either!
Pretty tin too. :0)

Angela said...

I don't think that's early too start your Christmas shopping. I always start mine on the first of October straight after my son's birthday and have it finished by the first week in December. I love Christmas shopping but hate the crowds.

Stitchabilities said...

Beautiful basket,It is lovely to display them!!

Stitchingranny said...

A pretty tin and you can treat yourself to one of the others next time you go - see a treat to look forward to he he.

Love the basket just ideal for displaying your little treasures

Clare-Aimetu said...

Glad to here little one is on the mend. I'm sure the tea room visit helped.

I'm a little out of touch with my stitching, I've missed this months challenge and a few other sign ups, one down side of a holiday I guess.