Flower Garden by Lody Steward from June 2008 GOSM, fabric used 32c Murano in white, stitched with the receommended DMC threads and Mill Hill beads also used.
As I said it has been a busy week and my feet haven't touched the floor, Tuesday was a treat day for little man, I took him for 2 rides on the FTR which is one of the fancy new age bendy buses, he is a bus fanatic, so two 30 minute journeys, just made his day. We then visited Grandma and were invited to stay for tea which was a nice treat.
Wednesday I had to pop into work, to firstly give a brief training session to the person who is now doing my job whilst I am off sick and until a permanent person is emplyed to cover my maternity leave, secondly do discuss my dates of starting my maternity leave and when I need to make a decision if I go back to work. I finished work by lunchtime so headed into town to meet my mum who had DS for me she had met up with her friend who I have know since a child, so I joined them for a coffee and chat before we all headed off, we went shopping and my mum again invited us for tea...
Thursday morning was spent at the hospital at the diabetes antenatal clinic as my gestational diabetes has returned, I had it when I was pregnant last time so it was inevitable that it would return. I had all my normal antenatal checks done, blood pressure (which I was pleased to here has dropped a little more), specimen check, weight and the midwife listened to baby's heart too. i then met with the specialist diabetes nurse who gave me my blood sugar monitoring machine, which I need to use to test my bloods 4 times a day at the moment. When I go back next week then they will look at the results and decide if I need to test more or if I need insulin or can just diet control, like I now am doing....yes folks that means no more cakes, biccies, sweeties, sugary drinkies and worst of all.....CHOCCIE!! I have been very good today, but have felt a little groggy due to sugar withdrawal, but each day it should improve. Next week I am having a growth scan and an appointment with the dietian.
Today was spent doing its and bits and going to the supermarket, I was pleased as I managed to get a new coat for the little man for only £6 god bless George :), I also got a couple of little tops and trousers for baby bump and a pair of trainers for the little man too and a watch for me. I was very good with the shopping and bought all healthy foods and all the stuff for packed lunch as the little chap starts school full-time on Tuesday...oh that reminds me I have all the name tags to sew into the uniform...argh....that will be tomorrows job I think...well I must stop waffling otherwise you will all be asleep and maybe me too...lol
Have a great weekend whatever you do and Happy Stitching!!

4 comments:
Your biscornu is lovely. Congrats on your finish. Hope things slow down for you so that you can get some rest. Hope everything goes well at your appointments next week.
Elisa the biscornu stitched up beautifully. I'm sure your mother will just love it. Hope all will go well for you next week.
Oo Elisa get some of that iron-on no-sew stuff & save yourself some hassle with those name tags (Can you tell I hated that job! LOL)
Beautiful biscornu - bet your Mum will be thrilled with it.
Hope all the testing etc goes OK & that you're soon feeling less tired (((((hugs))))).
thanks for stitching this biscornu elisa.
glad to know it's for your mum. i'm sure she'll like it.:)
can i have a copy of the photos please? so i can add it in my stitchers blogallery.
happy stitching!
Post a Comment