Tuesday, 2 September 2008

The Start of a New Era


My little man started school today as a full time pupil, he has been attending the pre-school a couple of hours a day for the past year, but now this is proper school. He was so excited to see all his friends again and was very brave and went straight in with the teacher with no tears...me on the other hand managed to hold it together until I got to the school gates and then the floodgates opened...lol.

The house seems so quiet with him not here and extremely tidy (no toys all over the floor). I have kept busy and cleaned the downstairs and will aim to do the upstairs tomorrow. I have finished for today and will sit and do an hour of stitching to relax before picking him up a little later.

Hugs



12 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

Well done on holding back till you were out of sight!! It is heartbreaking, when they start full time as suddenly you have all this spare time. But I bet he'll be tired later!

Lynn said...

aah bless him, he's going to grow up very fast now he's at school full time :(. He'll be tired out when he gets home later lol

You should make the most of this time alone, once little bump arrives you'll be on the go the whole time ;)

staci said...

He's so cute...and he looks so proud :) Love those first day of school smiles :)

Julie said...

Awww what a sweetie, i hope he had a lovely day and wants to go back tomorrow LOL

Make the most of your free time whilst you can.

Ginnie said...

How lovely. I remember that day well too. I held back my tears until I was back in the house!!

Angela said...

I'm sure there will be more holding back the tears moments. I wasn't bothered when mine started school but when we took my daughter down to London to start uni I had a tear or two in my eye.

If only they were always that excited about school.

Enjoy the peace and quiet whilst you can the baby and school holidays will be here before you know it.

Clara said...

Your little man looks so grown up. I remember when both mine started school too. Now, my oldest grandson, who is 7, is in second grade already.

Mary said...

He looks so cute. That was very brave going in by himself! I can remember my daughter going in the 2nd day on her own and never looking back! Seems like yesterday, but nearly 20 years ago! After the first few days of it seeming too quiet at home, you'll start to enjoy the hours of stitching time!

Christina said...

What a cutie he is. And such a brave little guy. Glad he did so well on his first day.

Take advantage of the free time while you have it.

Sally said...

Awww he looks so cute Elisa. Hope he has a great time at school.

Karan said...

He looks so smart - hope he's enjoying school & you're adjusting to the quiet Elisa. :0)

starydreamer said...

ooohhh isnt he just adorable!!!! my baby started comp yesterday hes growing too fast!!!