Monday, 1 September 2008

Sunny September and New Goals

Happy September to one and all....well after the terrible rain yesterday it is nice to see Mr Sunshine this morning, let's see how long he lasts, at least one thing it seems a bit fresher, the humidlty this past week or so has been killing me, it is bad enough when you are not pregnant, but heck when you are it is hell!!

August was a funny old month, being signed off sick and getting used to being at home full-time, meeting a new man and his children and getting back into stitching. I hope to be able to settle down in September and once little man starts school (tomorrow) I should be able to get myself into some sort of a routine.

Well here are my August goals and how I got on with them...

1. Work on the Baby Sampler - small progress made.
2. Complete PAP part 2 - no progress made
3. Bookmark Exchange (Private Exchange) COMPLETED
4. Monthly Challenge (Stitch & Stash Forum) COMPLETED
5. Scissor Fob (Monthly Finishing Challenge) - I ran out of time
6. Halloween Ornie Exchange COMPLETED
7. Mythical Beastie Ornament Exchange COMPLETED


In addition to the above, I made the Flower Garden Biscornu for my Mum for her birthday, so I suppose this took the place of the 2 things I did not achieve.

Here are my Goals for September...

1. Work on the Baby Sampler
2. Complete PAP parts 2 & 3
3. Work on LK Double Flips
4. X-Stitch Monthly - Autumn/Halloween Exchange (design decided on)
5. Complete 2 Small Christmas Ornaments (at least)
6. Complete 2 Small Christmas Gifts (at least)
7. RR_Friends - Birdhouse SAL (design TBC)
8. Monthly Finishing Challenge - Floss Ring Tag (design TBC)
9. Stitch & Stash - Monthly Stitching Challenge (design TBC)

I hope I have not over challenged myself, I intend to start a rotation of my stitching, so that I work on my WIP's a little each week and not just the smalls.

I hope everyone else has a great September, a big thank you to everyone who stops by and reads my blog and a special thanks to those who take time to leave a comment, they are all much appreciated.

Hugs & Happy Stitching




6 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

Firstly,I love the Autumn pic in your header!!
And 4 out 7 isn't bad!! Well done!!
Have a great September

Julie said...

Well done on your achievements to August, not bad considering the new romance and phone chat time that cuts into your stitching time LOL

I'm sure September will be wonderful for you, lots of extraquiet time for you to relax when Isaac is at school

Christina said...

Congrats on meeting your goals. Good luck on meeting this months. Best wishes to your little guy on his first day of school tomorrow.

Clara said...

It looks like you have accomplished quite a lot actually. I need to put all my WIPs in a rotation too, that is a very good idea. I love your header picture too, you always have such beautiful ones! I also say best wishes for your little man on his first day of school.

Karan said...

Best Wishes to you & little man for his first school day. :0)
Not bad going on those goals - Good Luck for September's ones. :0)

Angela said...

Well done on achieving so many of your goals. I only managed one of mine.

I'm sure with all your new found sparetime you'll get on just as well with your new goals.