Sunday, 5 October 2008

Exchanges Sent and Received


Yesterday was the opening day for the private Personal Themed Bookmark Exchange organised by Clare, my package arrived yesterday and was from Clare, she has designed and stitched me the most gorgeous bookmark, complete with my 3 traits of being a stitchaholic, stashaholic and chocoholic..LOL...absolutely perfect!!

Also in the package was a lovely kit of 3 Born Free Animal cards, some hand dyed fabbie "Chocolate Box", a skein of Dragon Floss, some invisble thread and blue seed beads, I love it all Clare and a big thank you for the time and thought you have put in designing such a personal stitched gift. It will be put to good use for my new Jane Austen collection of books.

As with any exchange I also sent a package, my package was for Angie, who loves anything autumnal, which was a great thing as so do I. This Prairie Schooler Autumnal design from the GOSM seemed a perfect choice to make into a page keeper, I stitched it on 32c Witchelt Linen in Lambswool, with the recommended DMC threads and backed it with cream felt and used some rich chocolate brown and rust ribbons to make the page maker part of the page keeper.

I also chose a Shepherd's Bush chart of an Autumn Sampler and some Dragon Floss in autumnal colours. Angie has messaged me to say she loves the package, so I am delighted.

I completed my peice for the Sitch and Stash Halloween Exchange last night, so that just needs packaging up and it can head off to it's new "mum". I also started my first Breast Cancer Freebie, which is a really pretty peice. I haven't decided how to finish it as yet...I do fancy trying a flatfold, but I will see what time I have, with all my house packing for moving etc.

Thanks you all for your comments and good wishes for my move, it is really appreciated and if you feel like coming and filling a few boxes, please feel free...LOL

Hugs

13 comments:

Yuko said...

Hi Elisa,
I just drew for my PIF, and you became one of member!
Thanks for sign up.
Could you e-mail me and let me know your snail mail address!

Thanks again,

Yuko xx

Christina said...

What a great package you received. Your bookmark is lovely.

Christine said...

Two beautiful bookmarks there Elisa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bookmark and package you received. I love the page keeper you sent the finishing is lovely.

Clara said...

The bookmark you received is really neat, and I love the pagekeeper you made. Good luck with moving house, and I hope you are happy in your new home, and get all settled in ok.

Julie said...

A very special bookmark you received, how lovely. The page marker was a cool idea for the PS design too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Glad you liked the bookmark - i had great fun designing and stitching it.

Irene said...

The bookmark and page keep are very nice.

Chris said...

Hi Elisa,

Great exchange pressies received by you and the lovely page keep you made. Super finish, clever you!

Chris

http://alwayssmiling24.blogspot.com/

Karoline said...

Two gorgeous bookmarks, congratulations

Sally said...

What a special bookmark and package from Clare. Also love the one you stitched for Angi.

Karan said...

Such pretty exchange pieces & great gifts Elisa. :0)

Srinity said...

The page keeper you stitched is fab! I love the colours. Clare has made you a perfect bookmark, having all you traits on it and all. :)