Saturday, 1 November 2008

"Almost" Happy Dances.....

The reason I say almost is that I have completed my Baby Sampler...apart from the date of course....I have now received a date for my caesarean which is Friday 21st November, but the little lady may decide she wants to make an appearance earlier than that....so we still are on tenderhooks. Almost everything is ready now for her arrival, cot and Moses basket ready, my hospital case all packed, nappies and muslin sheets all washed (yes I am being "green" and using real nappies).

The sampler is a Judy Whitman design based on American quilts, I stitched it on baby pink 28c Jobelan in DMC threads in lilacs, mauves and peppermint green, I am pleased how it is looking. Once the date is stitched on it, I intend to make it into a quilted wall hanging and have decided to use Cath Kidston Ballerina fabric. The reason I used DMC for this project was so I could make a wall hanging and not have to worry when it needed to be washed.

Now onto October goals, I am delighted to announce that I acheived every single goal this month....

1. Complete PAP Part 4 (Completed)
2. S&S - Monthly Challenge 2 Breast Cancer Peices (2 COMPLETED)
3. S&S Halloween Exchange Peice (COMPLETED)
4. Needle Nanny (COMPLETED)
5. X-stitch Monthly - Secret Santa Exchange Peice (COMPLETED)
6. Work on the Baby Sampler (Completed apart from the date)
7. SMO Baa Tuck Hanger (COMPLETED)
8. Start Sheep Sampler (Started)

Here is my PAP progress so far...

........and here is the progress on my Sheep Sampler (not a good picture)

November Goals....well I didn't want to over challenge myself for November, for obvious reasons, I hope to be able get some stitching done whilst in hospital, I will be in for 3-5 days...so a couple of small projects or my sheep sampler will go with me.

November Goals

1. S&S Christmas Ornament Exchange

2. Crafty Natter Christmas Ornament Exchange

3. RRFriends Birdhouse Ornament

4. PAP Sampler Complete parts5&6

5. Work on Sheep sampler

6. RRFriends Card & Thread Exchange

7. Christmas Gifts

And last but by no way least...here is my little pumpkin just before his trip of "trick or treating" last night....that pumpkin pail is now full of sweeties that will last 'til Christmas....!!

Well all my chores are done so I intend to settle down and do some stitching this afternoon....I think I will work on my PAP this afternoon and my Sheep sampler this evening...it's disco night on X-Factor so dig out them flares and platforms....lmao!!

Have a great weekend

Hugs

13 comments:

Sally said...

Your baby sampler is gorgeous Elisa. You have chosen a beautiful name for your little girl:)

Your WIPs are looking lovely too. Good luck with November goals and well done for completing all your October ones.

The Halloween exchange pieces in your previous post are fantastic! I love the one you stitched for Kay.

Chris said...

I love your Baby Sampler and I am sure so will Martha Lucy!Beautifully stitched

Hope you are now fully recovered from your slip over..


Chris x

Clara said...

Your baby sampler is beautiful! And your "little pumpkin" is adorable! Your background is really neat too.

Angela said...

The sampler is delightful. Hope everything goes well on the big day - whenever it is.

Ginnie said...

I love all your stitchy pictures, especially your birth sampler - not long to go now!!

stitchersanon said...

Your sampler is beautiful. And your little pumpkin is jsut as cute. Hasnt the time flown!! And well done with this years goals.
take care...we shall be watching the blog w1th baited breath!
lol
gaynor

Christine said...

The baby sampler is beautiful! Great progress on PAP as well.
Your "Little Pumpkin" is just precious

Stitchabilities said...

What a sweet sampler and what a gorgeous name!!
Well done on completing your goals, and your little man looks so cute as a pumpkin!!

Theresa said...

Your baby sampler is so cute~~ And your PAP is looking really nice!!
As for your little pumpkin, he is absolutely adorable!!!

Stitchingranny said...

The baby sampler (like all your stitching) is just beautiful Elisa. Ooooh its getting exciting not long now.

Karoline said...

The sampler is gorgeous, congratulations

staci said...

Your baby sampler is absolutely lovely! Not much longer till you have that sweet baby in your arms :)

Julie said...

Martha sampler is so pretty, love the PAP sal too. Your little pumpkin looks so cute!