Friday, 9 January 2009

Blogoversary Giveaway

I received an email from Nina today to let me know that she has received the package from my blogoversary draw. I included my first finish from 2008, which was the "Tea with Jane" design from Tanya at the Sampler Girl, which I completed on 1st January 2008. I also included a few other goodies which I hope Nina likes.


This week has been a busy one as I have been back and forth to the doctors and hospital. Martha had her 6 week check on Monday and all is well, the doctor says she is very alert and forward...to which I replied "of course she is, she is my daughter"...lol.


I also had my follow up diabetes test and postnatal check, my diabetes test came back clear which I was delighted about, I still am at risk of developing it again later in life so I have to have an annual test to check. My postnatal was fine too, I am all back to normal now...well as normal as can be!!


Martha has had a bad cold and cough this week and has gone off her milk the past couple of days, so it has been little and often feeding so I haven't had time for alot of other things, I have managed to keep up with the washing and do some ironing (my least favourite job) and I managed a quick dust and hoover today so the place looks half decent for any visitors. The upstairs in a tip but never mind no-one sees that...lol!


The other news on the life from is that I have a new man in my life (yes I have kept it quiet for a while), we have been seeing each other for 3 weeks today in fact, he lives a distance away 86 miles in fact so I suppose we are classed as having a long distance relationship. We did manage to spend quite alot of time together over the holiday period, but now normal life has begun again, it will be a bit more tricky. So I am hoping that 2009 will be a good year for us, it has had a damn good start so far!!


On the stitching front, I am half way through my Monthly Challenge peice for the S&S board, which was a Papillion freebie design, I have also finally started my Beatrix Potter Sampler for the SAL, I managed to get half of the centre motif stitched tonight, I would have probably completed it, but the dreaded frogs came to visit twice, I miscounted twice....too busy watching Trial & Retribution!! I have decided on my first 3 PIF peices and hope to make a start on those sometime this month too & also the design for the Friendship Ornament for the Exchange Heaven blog. I am not going to over commit this year, due to lack of time and a determination to complete my UFO's from 2008 and keep up with my 2009 SAL's.


I intend to spend some time on BP tomorrow too as I have a son free day, so if Martha is a good girl my needles should be smoking!!


Hope everyone else has a great weekend...whatever you do!!
Hugs & Happy Stitching



9 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

What a lovely gift!
Glad you are back to normal!!And congrats on the new man, I hope it goes well!! I have tried not to join things but the temptation is just too much!!

stitchersanon said...

Oh, what a lovely start to the new year. I am very pleased for you. lets hope it crries on upwards and onwards!

I love the little tea finish. lovely. Well done!
Gaynor

Julie said...

Lovely blog gift. Good luck with the new relationship, i hope 2009 is a super year for you all. Get Well {hugs} to little Martha

Christine said...

Lovely blogoversary present. Hope Martha gets well quickly and that your new relationship works out well

Angela said...

Pleased to hear the New Year is starting so well for you.

Lovely giveaway.

As for not doing a lot you seem to be achieving an awful lot to me lol.

Danielle said...

I love the tea with jane piece. What thread did you use? I love it!

Nina said...

Dear Elisa,

Thank you very much for all beautiful pieces of your gift, I'm so happy recieved them, and I like them very very much!
Thanks for your giveaway, it was fine and fun!

Hugs from Hungary,
Nina

Chris said...

Lovely to hear you're back to normal and hope little Martha is well and has got rid of her cold..
It seems you have lots to do so perhaps you should leave the ironing, it's bad for your health I say!! LOL

Chris x

Sally said...

Lovely blogoversary gift Elisa.

Good luck with your new relationship. I hope it all goes well for you.

Get well soon baby Martha:)

You have been chosen as one of my PIF recipients over the next 365 days so please can you email me your addy ( I thought I had it but I can't find it!)