Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Finishes, Children & Snow

Well with the snow there was no school on Monday & Tuesday so I had lots of time at home without having to break off for school runs, therefore out came the sewing machine and I finally finished off the wallhangings for Martha and the sheep one for me...I am really pleased how they have turned out, I am going to have to glue a length of doweling to the back of the top of both so the don't bend when they hang. But all in all I am pleased with these as they are my first big wall hangings.

Here are the monkey's in pyjamas....like butter wouldn't melt...lol

And here is the outside on Monday, we had beautiful blue skies and sunshine in the afternoon....lovely!!

I have finished my S&S Monthly Challenge piece and a Food & Drink Exchange piece which I cannot reveal yet, I hope to make some progress on my Beatrix Potter this weekend, but the plan is to sort and organise the little man's bedroom, I have ordered some stack boxes from Argos so we are going to label them with names and pictures so that Isaac can tidy up better and put things in the correct boxes. I have got the Spring organisation bug....:0)

Hugs & Stitches





11 comments:

Karan said...

Martha's wallhanging is beautiful & the sheep one is so cute - great finishing on both!
Love the pic of the monkeys - two lovely little ones. :0)
Snow came & went very quickly here with hardly any disruption - that's how I like it. LOL
You are getting organised. I'm more in a "hire a skip & chuck the lot" kinda mood. ROFL.

Donna said...

I love the two finishes! And the monkeys are just too cute for words!

Stitchingranny said...

Both lovely finishes Elisa but Martha's sampler is really stunning and so so pretty.

What a lovely picture of your children.

Angela said...

Congrats on the award.

Love the finishes, I just wish I could afford to get my sewing machine repaired.

Good luck with getting your little man organised. I hope you do a far better job than me. My son is now 19 and I still have to check his room for socks that he can't see before putting a wash on. He also frquently has 'cloaked' items in his room such as, plates/glasses/bottles. I'm convinvced listening to husbands 1, 2 & 3 it's just an inborn male characteristic which only becoming a father cures them from, but maybe you'll succeed where I failed!

PS. I have the comments from my husband's mothers to back up my statements that they behaved exactly the same as my son before they left home.

PPS: Before anyone thinks I'm a future Liz Taylor my first husband did die at a very young age.

Theresa said...

Wonderful finishes!!!!
And your babies are just soooo cute!!

Nina said...

So lovely finishes!
Your children are very sweet and this is a very good picture of them!

I also like the pic about the snow, unfortunatelly in my country there is rarely snowing.

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely finishes!! So pretty
Did you get lots more snow today, we have!!

Christine said...

Lovely finishes, especially Martha's wall hanging, it is absolutely beautiful (just like Martha)
Snow is all gone here, but they are saying we may get more

Julie said...

Wonderful finishes, your sewing machine has been busy.


We've had lots of the snow too.

Sally said...

Both pieces are absolutely gorgeous Elisa.

Have you still got snow or has it all gone? We've not seen a snowflake since Monday:(

Lorna @scrapsnscribbles/letssewit said...

your wallhangings are gorgeous and your kiddies too lol