Thursday, 5 March 2009

Another Christmas Ornament Completed

SDC10316a

I managed to make up the Christmas Ornament I stitched yesterday, it looks sweet I think, it is a design from the book shown in the picture called Topiary Christmas, which is stitched on 28c Quaker Cloth in Mocha with the recommended DMC threads, it is backed with the fabbie shown in the picture.

SDC10320a

SDC10319a

As little man was off poorly today, we didn’t do much, mainly alot of sitting around and watching TV, I managed to stitch the piece for the Challenge Blog, I just need to fathom how to make it into a scissor pocket now…lol!! I also am about half way through the stitching for the Monthly Challenge piece, I have chosen a gorgeous variegated thread, but I do find stitching one cross at a time takes so much longer than using a single block colour, but hey ho it will be worth it in the end.

I was invited to join the Fallen in Love with LHN & CCN Patterns Blog, which starts a new SAL on 16th March, it is the LHN Travelling Stitcher piece, I have been so good and not bought any stash for months as funds are very tight, so this is my treat. I hope Thread Bear will deliver it out to me soon, I am so excited to see it.

Shaun will arrive on Sunday for around 3 weeks, he has a long block holiday so he’s coming here, sort of a “living together trial run” lol, see if he can cope with me!!

I am keeping the little man off school again tomorrow as he has had sickness, so no point in sending him back in too early and it is Friday!! I need to pop to the post office and local shop but that’s about it, I just hope he is up to a little walk, the fresh air should do him good!

Hugs & Stitches

9 comments:

Theresa said...

Your ornament is sooo cute~~~

Daffycat said...

Precious ornament! Well done!

Donna said...

Really cute ornie!

Michelle said...

Lovely piece Elisa - well done.
Sorry to hear your little man has the sickness thing - we have a cross on our front door at the moment as hubby has now got it as well as son! Hey ho.
Enjoy your time with Shaun. I shall e-mail you.
Love Michelle x

Christine said...

Lovely ornament Elisa. Hope DS is feeling better by now

Sally said...

Very pretty ornament Elisa.

You've been very stitching lately and I love all the finishes in your previous post. The Les Chroniques de Frimousse piece is gorgeous.

I hope your DS is feeling much better:)

Julie said...

A very sweet little finish, might have to look that book up.

Hope your little man is well on the mend. Enjoy your 3 weeks, bet you dont get so much stitching done LOL

Jacqui said...

Cute little ornie Elisa. Hope your son feels better soon. Enjoy your three weeks with Shaun.

Karan said...

Hope your DS feels much better soon. Another lovely ornie. Hope the 3 week trial run goes well. :0)