Friday, 6 March 2009

Why Oh Why?

Do companies not put on their website that they are awaiting an item to come into stock…the story being that I am wanting to start the LHN Travelling Stitcher SAL on 16th March so off I head to look for it. I went firstly to Sew and So which is always my first port of call as whatever you order comes the next day (unless you order at this time of night which is usually the case for me) unfortunately they did not have it in stock so I went to Thread Bear…now this was rather reluctantly as in the past it always takes approximately a week for the purchases to arrive even though it says 1st class, but then again you don’t pay the postage costs, I’ve also had delays on items too. Anyway, yes it was there so I ordered it handing over my money (via card of course), I receive an email confirmation all tickety boo….this was until an email arrived today (I ordered 3 days ago I hasten to add) to tell me they only had a couple on the way from the USA and they think that they have already been sold and it could be approximately 3 weeks before it arrives…grrr…why did it not say on their website that they are awaiting stock and could take up to 3-4 weeks for delivery, then I would not have ordered and gone somewhere else, it would have been easier and quicker to order from the US from DSL. So I told them this in a “polite” email reply….no come back from them as yet. If they have not taken the money then I will cancel the order and order from elsewhere….rant over!!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Thats not fair. Mind you I ordered the Pin Keep and Needlecase from Cath Kidston - the pin keep has arrived but not the needlecase - ordered on 14th January and they have taken my money! for both. They shouldn't let you order an item if its not in stock. Love Michelle xx

Lindsay said...

That stinks. I know they sold out completely at Nashville so more had to be made up which will part of the delay. Try the Nimble Thimble, I know she's got some on the way (poss arrived now) and with any luck I'll get mine at the NEC this week

Sandra said...

I hear you Elisa, it's so frustrating! I'm in much the same position as you, except I don't have the deadline of a SAL. Hope you manage to get a refund and find it elsewhere.

jane said...

couldn't agree more Elisa - it is very frustrating and I have to say that any ONS I have that experience with doesn't get any more of my business. At present I am only buying from 2 stores in the US and 2 over here! Hope you manage to get hold of one - it is a lovely design and I am very tempted....

Christine said...

How frustrating! You wouldn't think it was beyond the realms of modern technology to have a system that knows how many of each item they have and stops accepting orders when they've gone

Angela said...

As the wife of a website designer the answer is because their stock control system would have to be tied into their website which is neither straightforward nor cheap.

Sorry you appear to have had poor service for Threadbear I have always found them to be incredibly quick with both deivery and service. Items often arrive in less than 24 hours and I've even had emails of them when the store is closed for holidays.

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear of your problem Elisa, it's so frustrating isn't it?
I have to say that I've only used Thread Bear twice and both times have had very good service, but that does't help you does it?

I usualy try the Nimble Thimble first for US charts/kits. Chris is realy good, but unfortunately doesn't have a web site.

Julie said...

You are the 2nd person i have heard of recently who had had bad service from here.

Sally said...

Sorry to hear you're not happy with Thread Bear Elisa. It does say on their What's New page under Needlework charts and Chart Packs that items may not be in stock yet. I have ordered things before that have not been in stock but I've never been in a hurry for them so it has bothered me. Hope you get it soon from them or manage to find it somewhere else.

Karan said...

Very frustrating - hope things are sorted out soon.

Karen said...

I have decided to part comapny with threadbear, they charged me postage, I ordered from them on the 3rd Jan with a gift voucher all went through , they emailed to say as usual some wasnt in stock , then a month later they emailed saying I had to pay the full price as the g/v didnt show there end, to top it all yet again I got ditto charts which I had to sendback at my cost as they never refund the post even though they say they will, needless to say I only paid the extra and sent them the g/v with a rude letter and email