Thursday, 9 April 2009

Lovely Weekend Away & Updates on Stitching & Life!

We (Shaun, Molly, Isaac, Martha & me)had a lovely weekend away in Northumberland last weekend, the weather was glorious the whole time, a bit windy by the coast, but to be expected. We stayed in a caravan (well actually it was one of the new top notch static homes, complete with bath, shower and walk in wardrobe…lol) at Newbiggin-on-Sea. The holiday was full from day one with a visit to the Metro Centre on the way there..mainly to have lunch and purchase some swimming shorts for Isaac as I had obviously got rid of his at the end of last summer.

SDC10500 

Here is the lovely view of the bay from the park where we stayed, it was right on the beach.

Saturday was a trip to Alnwick Castle (Hogwarts) and oh wow what a fantastic place, after a tour of the family rooms, (which we could not photograph) we enjoyed a lovely lunch in the Sanctuary Restaurant, we then headed to the “Knight’s Quest” where the kids had a fantastic time dressing up as Knights and Maidens and having fun playing games…..

SDC10376 (2) 

Here is my brave little knight, he even got a lovely steed to ride too!!                      SDC10387

and here is my little Princess….she enjoyed watching what was going on.                      SDC10395

Here is a scenic view of the castle and me in the stocks!!SDC10401SDC10452

In the evening we went to the on site club for a couple of drinks and the kids joined in some of the games…I managed 3 halves of cider and was…well rather tiddly…lol!!         

SDC10402 (2) SDC10525

Sunday morning Shaun took Molly & Isaac swimming whilst I had a few quiet hours stitching at the caravan whilst Martha slept. Then we headed off to Ulgham to the Animal Rescue Sanctuary, where we all had great fun meeting, feeding and stroking the animals, Isaac enjoyed a pony ride and I spent a good 15 minutes with the donkeys. I adore donkeys they are my favourite animal. We also saw foxes, badgers, owls, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, pigs, horses, ponies, hedgehogs and loads more. The Sanctuary is a charity and survives on donations and the admission monies, so we felt like we had helped a few animals just a bit by visiting….the kids really enjoyed it and I have to admit so did I. 

SDC10535

SDC10546

Monday was coming home day, we wanted the kids to go on the beach, so we took the coastal route home and drove through Whitley Bay, Newcastle, Gateshead then along to Sunderland right the way down to Whitby, where we enjoyed a fish and chip lunch and the kids got a play on the beach before the tide came in. The drive back over the moors was gorgeous…that is definitely a trip for the summer.

So all in all a fabulous weekend was had by us all….

Stitching updates…I have completed 2 small projects which I cannot reveal as yet, but will do at the end of the month. I have decided on my April Christmas Ornament for the S&S SAL and have kitted that up ready. My BP Sampler I have re-started which new colours and stitching over one, I have done the first motif to night and am much more comfortable with it…so fingers crossed. I never managed to start the Traveling Stitcher to join in the SAL but hope to make a start on it later this month, my main task this month is to make some headway on my BP and “catch up”.

Life Update….I am going to view a house on Saturday a bigger place as the one I live in now is only 2 bedroom, Martha is in with me at the moment but will eventually need her own room, plus with Shaun also moving here we wanted a “new start” house…this house has a lot of memories for me, both good and bad and I think a new house may be the best move for us all.

Well I hope you have not fallen asleep…..

Happy Easter to you all and don’t eat too many eggs!

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Elisa. Both Issac and Martha look the perfect Prince and Princess.

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time - so pleased for you.

Hope the house-hunting goes well - new start is definitely the right thing.

Love Michelle xx

Marian said...

Glad you had a great time. The kids are beautiful. Lovely eyes.

Good luck with the house.

Sandra said...

Lovely pics Elisa, looks like you all enjoyed your break. Good luck with the house hunting!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great time. Ive never been there before.
Happy house hunting and happy Easter :)

Christine said...

Sounds like a great break, I've got fond memories of all the places you mentioned.

Good luck with the house hunting

Ginnie said...

Looks like you had a great time, I fancy visiting Alnwick Castle myself as I love castles. Have a good Easter.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Wow you certainly had a fun packed weekend, it really is lovely to hear you rnews you sound so happy.

Good luck with the house - definately the right move x x x

Karan said...

Lovely pics Elisa & it looks & sounds like you all had a great time together. Sounds like life is treating you very well - Best of Luck with the house hunting & for the future. :0)

Stitchingranny said...

Sounds like fun was had by all.

Stitchabilities said...

How wonderful it all sounds, glad you had a nice time. The house move sounds like a great idea!

Julie said...

Super pics of your lovely weekend away, sounds like great fun.

Tracy Dixon said...

Looks like you all had a great time Alnwick is very beautiful, your photos are fab