Monday, 22 June 2009

Giveaway from Karan

I recently entered a giveaway on Karan’s blog and was the lucky winner, it was for a chart for a Halloween Needleroll which arrived today….

 SDC10673

but along with this was…this beautifully stitched Eliza’s Pyn Pillow it is so delicately stitched over 1 on pretty lemon fabric, Karan also sent a handmade card and the pillow was in this pretty chiffon pouch.SDC10674

I am so lucky to receive so a lovely gift, it certainly brightened up a somewhat dull Monday morning..Thank you so much KaranSDC10680

I had a somewhat quiet weekend, Shaun was working and Isaac was with his Daddy and he also took Martha for 3 hours on Saturday so I had a full 3 hours with NO children…so did I sit and put my feet up…no I cleaned the house from top to bottom…in 3 hours I know I almost gave myself a coronary, but it was the perfect opportunity to do it…anyway the house is nice and clean now…I sat and stitched my mattress pin cushion in the afternoon, I have completed the front and 3 sides, so I have just the last side and the back to do then I need to make it up, I have enjoyed this new finishing technique and it is such a pretty design too.

Yesterday Martha and I went to church and then to the coffee morning afterwards, then home to do some ironing and washing, then I did manage to sit and put my feet up and stitch for an hour or so whilst little miss had a nap. Mum and Dad came round for an hour when Isaac had arrived back after a day at a Family Fun Event and a BBQ :)

Hope you all had a good weekend and enjoy the sunshine this week

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

9 comments:

Angela said...

What a lovely gift to go with the chart you won.

Hopefully after your mammoth effort oo Saturday you'll get extra stitching time this week.

Julie said...

Beautiful stitched gift from Karan, well done on your win.

I'm looking forward to seeing your mattress finish.

Christine said...

What a lovely gift Karan made for you

stitchersanon said...

A beautiful gift. Looking forward to seeing the finished needleroll !

Michelle said...

Well done Elisa - lovely gift to have won. You are so like me - as soon as I get some time alone - I do the housework! What are we like!
At least we know though that its all done and can sit down and enjoy our stitching. My 2 boys are off to the cinema on Wednesday evening so once Bruce is in bed - I am going to stitch and pour myself a glass of wine and enjoy some chocolate - ah heaven.
Love Michelle x

Theresa said...

Wow!! Such a great surprise!!!!! You are one lucky girl~

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great gift from Karan, lucky girl. Glad you ahd a quiet weekend but take some me time too.

Tracy Dixon said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, great surprise from Karan lucky you xx

Karan said...

So glad you like it Elisa. :0)
Glad you got some "me time" in there - well deserved after doing all those jobs! :0)