Saturday, 25 July 2009

Christmas Stitcher’s Tree

Here is my July Christmas Ornament finish for the Stitch & Stash Monthly Christmas Ornament SAL. This design isn’t strictly a Christmas design it is “Stitcher’s Tree” by Helga Mandl which appeared in the January issue of the “Gift of Stitching”, but I liked it and thought it could be festive.  SDC10729           I have stitched it on 28c Moss Jobelan using Carries Creation thread “Firefox” and added antique gold seed beads to give it that “Christmassy” touch! I backed it with the pretty holly fabric shown in the picture, made it up as a pillow and added red rick rack around the edge!SDC10730           I have taken this sideways picture of the design as you can see each side of the tree spells the word “stitch”…how darn clever is that!!

SDC10731

On other stitching front…I have completed my last PIF piece and it will be winging its way to it’s new owner later today. I have also completed my LHN Exchange piece and that is all parcelled up and ready to go. I only have one exchange piece to stitch in August, a Christmas ornie and a birthday piece for my mum…so my intention is to work on some WIPs and UFOs as they really have taken a back seat for a few months.

Life front…not a lot happening, just the kids and I now, we have had a quiet week as the weather has been very changeable, Isaac did have a birthday party to go to which he enjoyed, our trip to the cinema to see Ice Age 3D, Isaac’s first ever time at the flicks, he sat there really well, he did get a little scared at the dinosaurs, but the film was very loud and the screen is so much bigger than the TV screen he is used to. I was very organised and went to ASDA yesterday and got all of Isaac’s school uniform & PE kit (apart from plimsolls & shoes). I prefer to get it early before the mad rush at the end of the holidays when you are left with the dregs of what is left over!! He is going to Grandma & Grandpa’s today as my nieces are there so they will all play together in the garden. So once my new vacuum cleaner has been delivered this morning, Martha and I may head into town for a wander…I do need to go to the post office too.

54-4063373A72UC582278X

Here is a picture of my new hoover…her name is Hetty and isn’t she just gorgeous, she is jus a perfect “girls” hoover…she has eyelashes and everything…lol!

Well have a great weekend all

Hugs and Stitches

Elisa x

10 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

Love Hetty, I used to work with a Henry Hoover,they do work great!!
Very nice christmas ornie!

Christine said...

Great ornemnt elisa. I love your new vacuum cleaner

temari by the sea said...

very pretty ornament, finished beautifully!

Julie said...

Super idea for the ornie.

Karen said...

lovely orni

I have a Hetty :O)

Michelle said...

Wow thats lovely and very clever use of the word stitch.

I have a Henry!

Love Michelle x

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Elisa, these tress are fab.

Hope Hetty settles in her new home;)she looks very happy.

Angela said...

It looks very festive to me.

Sally said...

Very pretty finish Elisa.

Thank you for my award {{{hugs}}}

Karan said...

Lovely ornie & very apt for a stitcher's Christmas tree. :0)
Cute vacuum cleaner.