WARNING - lots of pictures in this post!!
Michelle messaged me this evening to let me know that the PIF piece I stitched for her had arrived. The design appeared in June 2007 edition of GOSM and is the first ever Assisi cross-stitch I have done, I stitched it on 32 white Murano with Carries thread in “Happy”. I backed it with the fabric shown in the picture and finished with tassels made in the same thread.
Since receiving my redundancy pay I have been so good and not bought any stash with it, mainly house stuff and saving the rest for a “rainy day”. But I did treat myself to a couple of small packages firstly from Sew and So some Crescent Colour threads for my new project (which I will reveal at a later date), and a few DMC replacements
Secondly Michelle was having a stash sale and I purchased all her LHN charts and a CCN chart. Michelle very kindly also included a bonus chart of Milady’s Quaker Pinkeeps…which is fantastic…thank you so much Michelle xI forgot to show you these photos last week, they are of the gorgeous flowers I received from work as an official leaving gift….
and also this beautiful Sleeved Orchid from my friends Rita & Val, it is so elegant and delicate.
Here is my new little everyday workbox, it is from Cath Kidston and I got it from the sale a couple of weeks ago…it matches the pin cushion and needlebook I received for my birthday last year.
I have been busy building furniture, here are the 2 unit sets I have put together…I am quite proud of myself as they have come out well.
and last but not least a few pictures of the babes….Martha looks a bit shocked in this one….
but this one she looks a sweetie….she was 8 months old last week….unbelievable where the time goes…
Will be back later in the week with some stitchy updates….
Have a good week
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
9 comments:
Oh Elisa - I am so lucky - your PIF to me was lovely as are the photos you have shown us. The family look gorgeous - bless them and I love your flowers.
I am envious of your Cath Kidston workbox - I keep forwarding the the e-mails I receive about her sale to Andy's e-mail address but he hasn't take any hints!
Much love to you Michelle x
Dear Elisa!
Your PIF (and once I will know what this letters mean ;-) ) looks quite beautiful!
But the best fotos in this post are the ones of your children - sooo gorgeous!
Love from Austria
Hilda
Beautiful stitching.
The flowers look lovely and it sounds like your very busy getting the house sorted out.
Martha is growing up quickly make the most of it they will both be gone before you know it.
Lovely PIF Elisa, and great stash too.
I always seem to end up with random bits left over when I put together furniture so well done!
Love stitching. Like the stash - I wondered who beat me to the LHN charts on Michell's blog lol. The children are gorgeous and growng sooo fast. Well done on the DIY.
All kinds of good stuff Elisa! Love that pincushion and am drooling over your new stash ;)
Your kiddos are so cute and growing so fast!
Lovely PIF and lots of nice stash, looking forward to seeing WIP's in future posts.
lovely new stash and the flowers are gorgeous :) Well done on the DIY too, I do all my own and it feels great! The children are growing so fast :)
Gorgeous PIF - such a lovely colour. Beautiful flowers & work box. Well done you on building the cupboards, they look great. You have two of the sweetest little ones. :0)
Post a Comment