Friday, 7 August 2009

Gifts & Stash….

SDC10798 I was lucky to be one of the winners of Michelle’s Blogoversary giveaway and here is the fantastic gift I received from her….some hand-dyed evenweave, a card kit, needles, beads, pins, a skein of Wildflowers & some DMC Rayon threads…I can’t wait to use them…thanks for a fab gift Michelle :)SDC10797           I also received two charts which I purchased from Sally’s Sale blog - BBD “Blessings & Kind Wishes” & The Sampler Girl’s “A Little Bird’s Tea”….a couple more for my to do list….lol!!

I had a stray wooden frame and had been wondering what do do with it for a while…well yesterday I went out shopping with my Mum and the children and came across this greetings card in WHSmiths and decided it was perfect to fit in the frame. I adore anything Beatrix Potter and I thought the “Tailor of Gloucester” was so apt to sit on the top of my stitching cabinet….and here he is looking right at home…SDC10796I have been doing a bit of stitching this week…I am about half way through my exchange piece for the “Home” themed piece on the Exchange Heaven Blog and I have started the second side of my canvaswork biscornu…I have a quiet weekend planned to try and complete those two pieces as I have so many things I want to get started on.  

Lastly a very BIG thank you to everyone who has purchased from my Sale blog…there will be more added once I have stash sorted some more….the good news is that the funds I have made from my stash sorting will enable me to complete my Dragon Floss collection which I have been wanting to do for some time…so thank you so much xx

Hope that you all have a fantastic weekend whatever your plans

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x   

8 comments:

Wendy said...

nice gifts, you are so lucky !

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa - your little picture is perfect - so sweet. I am sure I have seen a cross stitch chart somewhere like that. Glad you were happy with your prize. Love Michelle x

kimstitch3 said...

congrats on a nice Blogoversary winning. NIce stash there my girl. I hope you have a good stitching filled weekend. I love the little mouse pic in your frame you didnt know what to put in it.lol Take care,Kimberly

CindyMae said...

Just seen your post on the LK exchange blog! So excited you have joined! You do gorgeous work by the way!!! You children are just precious!!!

Julie said...

The tailor of Gloucester looks so perfect in that frame.
Well done on your win - nice stash!

Angela said...

The frame looks perfect with the card and as you said it be in the perfect location for it.

Love your new stash and I'm sure the blogversary winnings will be put to great use.

Nice to know my small purchases will not only make me happy but also enable you to do something pleasurable for yourself.

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely Blogoversary gifts.
That is adorable I can see why you picked that!

Thank you for the Threads,:0) I have been to fetch it this morning.

Karan said...

Lovely gifts & puchases - looks like you'll have plenty to keep you stitching for a while. Cute pic. :0)