Sunday, 2 August 2009

News….

OOOO sorry to disappoint you gossip seekers…it is only stitchy news…lol I wanted to wait for “good light” to take some pictures of my latest finish and my new start…. SDC10750

This is part of my birthday present to my Mum, it’s her 60th early September…shhhh don’t tell anyone though!!SDC10752

The design appeared in the June 2007 of the GOSM, I stitched on 32c Jobelan in White & Bay Leaf, using Vikki Clayton silks in Cranberry & Light French Artichoke. The boxes on one of the sides looked a bit “empty” so I decided to stitch my Mum’s initial in one and added a little pewter charm into the other. I used DMC cotton in Ecru to make the tassels to finish it off. I am really delighted with the result…I also have bought lots of other gifts but I won’t reveal the whole package until after the big day!

SDC10755

I have decided to “try something new”…when I saw this needlepoint biscornu design in the recent edition of “Stitch with The Embroidery Guild” magazine. It is the first time I have stitched on canvas…I am using 3 strands of DMC and it’s stitching up really quickly which surprised me. The other piece I am going to reverse the colours around to add a bit of difference.SDC10768SDC10770

The weather has been gorgeous here today…sunny & breezy, I managed to strip both the beds and get them dry and clean through the house top to bottom :) so a productive day was had by all!!

Going to have some dinner soon and then settle down to some stitching…enjoy your evening

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa - thats lovely. She will adore it. What are we like wondering what the other news is .... Yes I too will settle down to some stitching this evening. Take care Love Michelle x

Stitching Kath said...

wonderful stitching Elisa although if you havent any gossip can you please make it up in future!!!!

if you still have the LHN paperwhites chart, could I borrow it please.

Christine said...

Great stitching Elisa, your Mum will be thrilled

Karan said...

Lovely piece for your Mum - bet it was a real hit. Like the new start. :0)