Wow what a long week it seems to have been here…a sad week too, one of my friends sadly lost her fight against ovarian cancer on Wednesday, she was a truly wonderful and kind girl who touched everyone's lives. She leaves behind her husband and 2 boys aged 6 and 3, at 34 she was so young to lose her fight, with so many cruel and evil people in the world it just seems so unfair that a kind and loving young lady is taken so soon. The tributes on the dedicated Facebook page which her husband has set up is such a joy to read, she touched so many people’s lives in a positive way. What a great way to be remembered :) God Bless you Pip xx
Right onto happier notes…I did receive some stash this week…”again!” I hear you say…lol well not all the stash I wanted as unfortunately 3 of the charts I wanted are out of print/discontinued (so I will be putting them on my wishlist in the hope someone may have a copy lurking in their chart stash)
Here is the parcel which arrived from Thread Bear…all tied up in tissue with a red ribbon…(that has been added to my trimmings box for future use)..
…and here is what was inside the package…
BBD “Summer Iris”, SB “Devon Hedge”, “Herb Garden” & “Juniper”, also some lovely fabric with berries on…I saw it and loved it immediately and 3 pinwheels for those essential finishes :~).
Now that is it for stash purchases for a good while…(well maybe!!)
I have almost finished by secret stitching piece and am half way through my new start….I have 3 exchange pieces to start on to, 2 of them for my favourite season…Autumn :~) I think that is because I am an autumn baby, born in October, I love the colours, the reds, rusts, oranges and browns…beautiful.
I expect a quiet weekend, just the usual washing, ironing etc and hopefully some stitching….BUT the most exciting part of the weekend is……………………..X-FACTOR IS BACK!! HURRAH!!
Have fun and happy stitching
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
9 comments:
Oh Elisa I am so sorry to hear about your friend - why does it have to happen. Sending you hugs.
Your new stash looks wonderful - I had to smile I posted about X-Factor starting again on my blog - I love it too! Enjoy your weekend. Love Michelle x
XFactor is starting back?! Already? No way! How have i missed that?
So sorry to hear about your friend, that is sad
Sorry to hear about your friend, what a sad time for her family.
Being a regular Thread Bear buyer I have loads of their ribbons and tissue paper stashed away for sending out with PIFs and RAKs. They wrap their parcels so beautifully no matter how small the order is.
I was soooo tempted to buy the Summer Iris chart when I saw it the other day, it's going on my Wish List.
Hi Elisa,
Don't Thread Bear pack it all so beautifully its a pleasure to spend money there!! What a lot of lovely stash but to make you a weany bit jealous my son has just moved to Surry and its near Thread Bear!!! I can't wait to visit him!!
Hope you had some fun in the sun
Chris x
And very sorry to hear about your friend and such young children to leave.. it certainly is the silent killer.
Chris x
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. 34 is really too young to leave this world.
Your stash looks wonderful~~~~ Those are some great choices~~
God bless your friend and all her family, such sad news.
That is a lovely amount of stash :) I'm looking forward to seeing your secret stitching photos.
I feel so sad when you talk about the loss of your friend, I wish there was more I could say then just a simple ; I am so sorry .
I do like your stash,seems like you'll be busy again for quite a while !
So sorry to hear about your friend Elisa - such a young age. Cancer is such a hateful disease.
Lovely stash. :0)
Post a Comment