Friday, 25 September 2009

Friday Goodies and Supplies

I had a bit of a spend up from Sew & So at the start of the week for my next 3 projects (these are for me to keep once stitched and finished)….SDC10925My next 3 projects are Primitive Bettys “Spring Tyme Sampler” & BBD “Summer Iris” & “Their Song”. I ordered the WDW & GAST threads for these and also the DMC threads too. I also ordered a metre of 28c Jubilee which is lovely evenweave fabric and it is a good price too. I actually cut the pieces for the projects and tea dyed two of them for the larger projects…I was very impressed how they have come out….just the aged look I was hoping for :)SDC10924  I had a nice large envelope arrive in the post too today from Tanya at The Sampler Girl, I pre-ordered her new Jane Austen Pattern book and also the Pride & Prejudice sampler chart, I need to decide what colours to do the P&P sampler as I am not that keen on the colours used on the model piece…a bit too bright for my taste.SDC10927 SDC10926

I headed into town this morning as I needed some safety pins for attaching labels to all the baby clothes I am selling at the NCT sale next Saturday…(all 200 items!!), I went to Boyes which has everything you can imagine…lol, anyway I found the safety pins and I also found these…SDC10928

The red & green fabric & ric-rac are for making Christmas gifts and the other pieces were just such a bargain, they were selling it at £1 a metre so I got 30cms of each….next to nothing eh!! I also picked up 2 balls of lovely lilac wool as grandma said she will knit another cardi for Martha…that came to the grand total of £2.18…BARGAINS BARGAINS BARGAINS…I LOVE EM!

Now my other confessions…please don’t scold me…I bought my Christmas cards and wrapping paper & tags….lol…I know it’s early but they were also on offer and it seemed silly not to buy them…so they will go with the pressies I have already bought in the secret drawer….lol

Well enough of my wafflings….have a good weekend….I am looking forward to another double bill of X-Factor…lol

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

14 comments:

Angela said...

I also love the Sampler Girl charts and hadn't seen the new Jane Austen book :) I also have the BBD Their Song I'd love to stitch up as well next year. Isn't it funny how fabric seems to follow you home? That happens to me as well :)

Angela said...

Great stash additions.

Christmas shopping starts next week in this house, as soon as Son's birthday is over.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stash. Cant wait to see your progress on them. I have At Home with Jane Austen on order after seeing yours. Cant wait for it to come.

Meadows08 said...

I bought the same Sampler Girl pattern book. Doesn't it have great patterns in it?

Julie said...

Nice stash!

I love a bargain too no matter what time of the year it is...

Sandra said...

Great stash! Jubilee has to be my favourite fabric at the moment!

Theresa said...

Oooh~~~ Great stash!!!!! Can't wait to see your progress~~~~

Patricia Lessell said...

Love your new stash. Love the charts and the fabrics and everything. What a treat to be actually able to go into a real store. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Andrea said...

Great stash!

Michelle said...

Wonderful wonderful new stash. I'm off the Sampler Girl website as I have to say P&P is a must have for me. Shame they don't sell real life Mr Darcy!
Michelle x

Babs said...

That's some nice stash.

Stitchabilities said...

Yummy Stash!!That fabric is yummy,great buy!

stitchersanon said...

Wow..all beautiful. I will be good though and not be tempted lol. I have had enough retail therapy for a while...I hope you really enjoy yours and I look forward to seeing them completed!

Karan said...

Oooo now that is what you call great stash. So looking forward to seeing all of these on progress. Fab bargains too. :0)