Well here finally for you to share is my HD, “At Home with Jane Austen” by Tanya Marie Anderson (The Sampler Girl), as soon as I saw this design on her website I fell in love with it…but it took me a while to realise I already had the pattern as it was in my GOSM folder, it appeared in the March 2007 edition of the magazine.
I stitched it in the recommended Crescent Colours on 28c Polstitches hand-dyed jobelan in “Dusky Rose”. I made a few changes by stitching the main bulk of text in the purple colour rather than the pink, swapping the top border of flowers to pink and changing the initial from “A” to “E”.
I think I may finish this piece as a bolster cushion, so I just need to head to buy one from Dunelm Mill and find some fitting fabric too.
I started by September Christmas Ornament the other evening and that’s about half way done…so I am well on track this month…all my exchanges are done…may have to slow down on those in the next couple of months as it’s Christmas present making time coming up…
Martha is full of cold AND teething so it’s not been a fun few days, I did manage to get some sleep last night so can at least function today…here is a piccie of her before her cold…covered in dinner..lol!!
Well it’s my giveaway draw this evening and I have had over 65 entrants…fantastic…I have almost written all the names down ready to be cut up and put in a pot to be drawn at 7pm(GMT)…so still a few hours left to enter if you haven’t already…
Good luck and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
14 comments:
Very pretty finish. Love the colors.
So very pretty Elisa ;)
That is soooooooooo gorgeous I think it will have to go on my wish list. I love the colours you have chosen.
Beautiful finish, Elisa! This would make a fantastic cusion!
I hope Martha feels better soon, poor dear. ***hugs***
Poor Martha - hope she feels much better soon (((((((((hugs))))))))).
Such a pretty finish Elisa - it'll look lovely whatever the finish you do. :0)
Wow!! Very nice!
Your Jane Austin came out beautiful. I need to get the back issue of GOSM to do the pattern. Hope Martha is feeling better soon. She is so adorable in the picture.
That is just lovely! The colours are gorgeous.
wauw, this is a lovely desing, and a beautiful finnish, congratilations !
These designs are usually not quite my taste, but this one might just change my mind !
I hope your little girl feels better soon !
Lovely finish, colour changes look good, i have this in my 'to do' pile too.
Fabulous finish Elisa, and I love the picture of Martha wearing her dinner
Jane Austin sure had it right with that saying. Beautiful pattern I had never seen it before
Beautiful finish! Love that pic of Martha, what a cutie :) And I'm so sad I missed your drawing...
I love your JA finish, the colors are perfect! I just recently finished this one as well and really enjoyed stitching it too :)
Post a Comment