Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Thank You Debbie

SDC10947

Here is the lovely pinkeep/hanger which I received from Debbie for the Think Pink Exchnage on the Stitcher’s Showcase Cross-stitch group…it’s so pretty…I love it!!SDC10948

and here are all the extras which Debbie included…what a whopper parcel, I thought my birthday had come 3 days early…lol, the package includes a bookmark, shopping pad, lolly, pink ribbon, pink fabric, needles, beads, L*K chart and some 32c Belfast linen…Debbie you are so kind it really brightened my day.SDC10949

Other news…well I have a little job now which is clerk for the school governors (the school which Isaac attends), it’s doing all the minutes and admin stuff, I work at home and attend the meetings 3 each term on an evening, so it will work out perfectly.

It’s parents evening at school tonight, my parents are coming to look after the kids for an hour for me and they are having dinner here too, I put a beef stew in the slow cooker at 7am this morning, so it will be perfect to add the dumplings a little later. I also made a huge pot of vegetable puree for Martha, I added broccoli this time so the colour is not too appetising…but it tastes nice :0). I had lots of pears and apples which had gone a bit soft for my liking so I stewed them up too and made a crumble for tea too…a nice warming meal as it’s a bit nippy here today, the sun is shining, but you tell it’s autumn now.

Nothing to show on the stitching front, I am bobbing out of all exchanges now until the new year…apart from the Christmas Mailart, which I kitted up yesterday to make a start on today, I am also half way through BBD “Summer Iris”, then it’s definitely onto Christmas pressies.

Well my tummy is rumbling so better go and feed it…lol

Have a good day

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

9 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on the job, i know all about that being a parent governor and then Chair at our local school whenmy kids were younger. You'll love it.

Beautiful pink package.

Bonnie said...

What a great Exchange!
Set an extra plate, I will bw there for dinner.

Claire said...

What a lovely exchange :).Hope parent's evening goes well.
claire-stitchart.blpgspot.com

Jan said...

Congrats on the job. What a lovely exchange to receive!

Enjoy your beef stew!

Michelle said...

Lovely news about your job Elisa - well done you. Lovely piece to receive through the post as well. Beef stew & dumplings - my favourite. Michelle x

Patricia Lessell said...

Your dinner sounds yummy. Can I come too please? Hope your Parents Evening goes well. It's freezing here just south of Watford! Cold Cold Cold! Lots of Love Patti xxx

CindyMae said...

Wow, what a fantastic exchange!!

Christine said...

Two lovely exchange gifts there. Congratulations on your new job!

Karan said...

Congratulations on the new job. Hope the parents' evening went well. Think that's why I love this end of the year - stews & similar comfort foods. LOL What an amazing exchange parcel. :0)