Monday, 25 January 2010

Gorgeous gift and a finish…

Look what arrived in the post for me this morning..this gorgeous exchange piece arrived from Conny for the Lizzie*Kate exchange, isn’t it just divine, the stitching is mounted on a wooden heart to make an exquisite hanging ornament….Conny thank you so much I adore it :0)

SDC11144

SDC11141 

I have a finish too share with you too…

SDC11142

SDC11143I finished stitching Carol’s design “Sew Pink” last Thursday but this is the first decent light I have had to photograph it.  It is stitched on 28c Count on Me evenweave in “Rose” using Dinky Dyes silk in “Tinkerbell”. I haven’t decided how to finish this piece yet….I may simply frame it for my bedroom as I have so many pillows now. 

I am veering from my rota tonight as I have stitched enough of my JN SAL piece for this month…so a WIP or UFO may get an airing…lol

As always a big thank you for reading and commenting on my words and pictures, I really appreciate the time you spend.

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa - how wonderful - what a lovely gift to receive. You must be thrilled with it. Your stitching looks lovely - will look stunning framed. Love to you all Michelle x

staci said...

What a beautiful and creative ornament! Love your Sew Pink finish, very pretty!

Amy said...

That ornie is cute. What a nice thing to get in the mail.

Love your Sew Pink.

Blessings

Hazel said...

Oooh beautiful gift! I am working on the Four Friends chart for you this week!! Love the Sew Pink. I just got a load of Carol's charts - such a good price. x

Theresa said...

Wow~ Such a lovely gift you've received!!!!!! And your Sew Pink is beautiful!!!! Great finish!!

Lesleyanne said...

Waht a beautiful gift - you must be thrilled. I love your Sew Pink finish - congrats its a beauty.

valerie said...

Great gift! Love your Sew Pink finish!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that is one pretty exchange and I love the finish :)

Lisa V said...

WOW that is one stunning exchange piece, Conny is soo talented.

Stitchabilities said...

Oh that is Pretty, Lucky you!! and How about making it into something you'll use like a tray or little bag

Christine said...

What a gorgeous exchange piece, the finishing is inspired. Your "So Pink" has turned ourt really pretty too

Angela said...

No wonder your delighted with it, it's lovely.

Love the 'Sew Pink' finish. A colour I never stitch in, must give it a try one day.

Julie said...

Lovely exch gift you received, what a clever idea.

Karan said...

Lovely exchange piece - what a fabulous finishing idea! Beautiful finish too. :0)