Saturday, 6 February 2010

A PIF, An Exchange & A Happy Dance

Good morning on this drizzly damp Saturday, a good post day here, firstly the postman arrived with a parcel for me this morning from Chris, I had forgotten that I was one of her PIF recipients and I opened the parcel to reveal this gorgeous scissor pouch, scissors and beaded fob all in my favourite girly colour “PINK”

SDC11165

One side of the pouch has my initial and the other side a gorgeous Quaker motif, it’s finished beautifully and the scissor fob has a gorgeous bee charm. Thank you so much Chris I just love it.

SDC11164 

Conny has messaged me to let me know that the replacement exchange has arrived for the Lizzie*Kate Exchange Blog.

SDC11162

This design is L*K “Spring-ily Boxer” which I stitched on “Count on Me” “Perfect Pastels Green” 28c Jubilee using the recommended DMC threads, I used my own mini heart buttons to personalise it and finished it as a long cushion with a matching green ribbon.

SDC11161

Finally my Happy Dance, I mentioned in a previous post that I had started stitching The Sweetheart Tree’s “Opalescent Heart” for my Mum as a Mother’s day gift, I finished finishing it up last night…or actually at 12.34am this morning…my eyes were boggling with the beaded edging but I wanted to complete this so I can then get on with completing my LHN “Pear Tree”

SDC11176

I stitched this piece on 28c jobelan in “Mushroom” with the recommended DMC threads using Mill Hill beads in frosted pink, metallic pink and miscellaneous pearl beads from my stash.

SDC11171

I backed it with the same fabric and used the metallic beads to edge it too…The design appeared in the GOSM June 2007.

SDC11175

I have stuck to my rotation again this week, my JN and CB SALs are coming along well, I want to complete my LHN ornie and make a start on the next one.

I have also made a start on knitting my scarf…it’s looking great, I like knitting as you can just pick it up and do a few rows when you have a spare few moments and before long you are making good progress.

A quiet weekend here…not really sure one what I am going to do really, as long as I fit in some stitching then I will be happy.

Hope you all have a great one whatever you do.

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

15 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Beautiful finishes from both you and Carol as always. Have a lovely weekend whatever you decide to do.

Karen said...

Love your finishes! Love the LK exchange piece. I had this design in my hand last time at was at my LNS and put it back!!! Now that I see yours stitched and finished, it is too cute! Your ST finish is beautiful too...love the soft colors. Great finishes.

Carol said...

All of the projects are gorgeous. I particularly like the sweetheart tree.

Christine said...

Lovely finishes both sent and recieved

Amy said...

Great finishes!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Meadows08 said...

Lovely work! I'm sure your mother will love the Sweetheart Tree piece.

Blu said...

Beautiful finishes! The Sweetheart Tree one is gorgeous!

Marian said...

The ST Heart is absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous finishes.

Brigitte said...

These finishes are so beautiful. I love the replacement exchnage piece, it's such a great little pillow, just the way I love them. And it's about spring, oh yes! And the ST heart is awesome. Enjoy your PIF gift!

Lorna @scrapsnscribbles/letssewit said...

wow they are all gorgeous, glad the replacement made it ok this time.

Tracy Dixon said...

Lovely exchanges Elisa and I your Sweetheart tree design is lovely I think I will have to look that one up lovely idea for Mothers Day x

Julie said...

A lovely pif gift you received.

The long pillow is really pretty, i too have stitched the ST heart, it really is a lovely design i'm sure mum will love it.

Karan said...

Absolutely gorgeous pieces. Lucky Mum - it's a stunner. :0)

Catherine de l'Atelier des dix doigts said...

This scissor cushion is marvellous.
Well done