Thursday, 22 April 2010

Boo!!

It is ages since I last posted, things have been hectic here with the school holidays, the house and lots of other stuff but I am still around and have been busy knitting, stitching, DIY-ing and being out and about…we had a lovely Easter weekend and went to Lotherton Hall near Leeds which has a great Bird Garden with all kinds of birds from all over the world, Isaac had a great time, Easter Sunday was spent at Selby Game Fair which involved an awful lot of mud, straw and horse poo….lol but we had a great time and the weather was kind to us. Last weekend we headed over to Hornsea for the day…it was sunny but a tad bracing, we enjoyed a fish and chip lunch and a good walk with an ice-cream. Isaac had fun on the driving game and just managed to reach the pedals…
SDC11234
and Martha was happy in her pushchair with her new windmill which was the best £1 spent!!
SDC11235
I am able to show you some of the stitching I have completed…a couple of pieces are secret stitching and I will reveal those once the have arrived with their new owners..
My first finish is a freebie design by Betty at Primitive Betty's “Tulip Time”, I stitched this for Michelle as a replacement piece as unfortunately her partner on the exchange let us down..
SDC11241
It is stitched on 28c French Linen in Cashmere using Crescent Colours and Gast threads and finished as a lace trimmed pillow.
The second piece I can reveal is my finish for Tracy as part of the “Stitch It and Pass It On”! blog, the design is by Brightneedle called “Four Friends” (Tracy very kindly let me use her pictures as mine did not come out too well…Thanks Tracy xx)
Photo0672 Photo0669
It is stitched over one on 28c hand-sponged evenweave using GAST and Crescent Colour threads of my own choice. I loved stitching this design, I finished it as a long pillow.
I am a bit sore today as I had some moles removed from my back and neck yesterday, I have hundreds of them but a few had begun to irritate me and one on my neck both Isaac and Martha as babies used to pull it..ouch!! so it has now gone as well as 3 on my back and 1 under my arm.
I have a childfree weekend coming up so on Saturday I am doing the BIG MEET…of Mark’s Mum…I suppose it is long overdue at almost 6 months together, but with the house move and illness etc it has never materialised.
I am currently working on my “Cheryl” SAL, my LHN SAL and a present for Isaac’s teacher for the end of year..trying to be organised.
I hope to be back soon with more stitching to show you…I am behind on my blog reading too but hope to catch up today.
As always thanks for reading and all your kind words…much appreciated.
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x

6 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely photos of the children. Sounds like you have been very busy. Gorgeous stitching finishes.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and great photos of the children

Theresa said...

You are one busy woman~~~~~ Love your kids photos~ They are super cute!!

Your finishes are beautiful as always!!!!

Karan said...

Great pics of Isaac & Martha - sounds like you had a lovely time over the holidays. Beautiful finishes, as always - love Tulip Time. Hope the soreness goes soon. Best of Luxk for the MEET. :0)

Brigitte said...

I love both your finishes. They are so nicely and creatively finished, each in a different style.

Wendy said...

as always, your finishes are beautifull !
and I do so understand how tnings can keep you so busy, and still at the same time you wonder what you have been doing to pass the time so quickly.
well, that all omes with the job, I guess, lol !