Monday, 10 May 2010

Birthdays,Walking,Decorating & Some Stitching

It seems like an age since I last blogged but this have been hectic here as always and I just haven’t had the time to get on the pc much apart from emailing checking!! Plus I have been a bit under the weather..unfortunately one of the wounds on my back where I had a mole removed developed a nasty infection and I have been on the hugest strongest penicillin..they made me feel quite rotten. But it’s all cleared up now so I am back to fighting fit!

Isaac celebrated his 6th Birthday at the end of April and had a good day and received lots of presents: a scooter, DVDs, Ds Games, books, a globe, clothes and a special day out at the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, as he wasn’t having a party I decided this would be a nice day out for him and 2 of his friends. He is going to wait until the weather improves so we can spend a lovely day out having a picnic on the moors…it’s just too darn cold at the moment…I am sat here with a big wooly cardi on to try to keep warm.

SDC11247

SDC11249 Walking…..well finally Miss Martha is up and off she started walking 2 weekends ago and there is now no stopping her…along with the walking came the non stop talking she is such a chatty little girl, she is 18 months old on 21st May..where does the time go…unbelievable really.

Mark and I have been busy each weekend wallpaper stripping and preparing the bathroom, this weekend as the kids were at their Dad’s we really cracked on with the tongue and groove cladding for the bathroom walls, I have to say I was a dab hand with the power tools this weekend, I mastered the art of a jigsaw and palm sander quite well…lol!!

Next weekend as we are not child free we aim to (weather permitting) tackle the wilderness that tries to pass as a garden!!

I have done quite a bit of stitching this past month…firstly for my lovely friend Michelle’s birthday I stitched her this needleroll..I used Carol’s Sew Blue design stitched on 28c cream Jobelan using Japanese Marblethread.SDC11226

Other stitching progress includes a small amount on my “Cheryl” SAL piece I am using 32c Murano Vanilla fabric and Dragon Floss “Precious”, it is coming along slowly.

SDC11258

Again a small amount of progress on my LHN SAL piece…I am currently 2 ornies behind where I should be so I need to get the old needle smokin’ on these too.SDC11261 

I have naughtily started a new piece which I just couldn’t resist it any longer…it is Tanya’s Jane Austen “The Emma Project”, I am stitching it on Belfast Linen in Antique White using the recommended DMC threads…SDC11262

A small stitching finish to share too…this is for Isaac’s teacher for the end of the year, I need to finish it into a little hanger, this is stitched on 28c French Country Linen in Cashmere using Vikki Clayton silks. Notice the lovely gingham heart…my special friend Michelle kindly brought that back from her stitching weekend in France, which I was originally booked to go on but sadly could not attend, isn’t it delightful!!

SDC11259

Oh and finally…no Elisa blog post would be complete without a bit of CK…lol. I have had my eye on this piece for months and months…so I finally treated myself to it…it is the perfect size to put all my stitching essentials in to keep in my corner of the lounge where my stitching lamp and WIPs are housed…

SDC11263    Thanks for reading my wafflings…lol and many thanks as always for all your kind comments.

Happy Stitching

 

Elisa x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you son a very Happy Birthday :) Your Sew Blue needle roll is fabulous...and look at all the WIPS yo u have that are just gorgeous! My goodness it all is just pretty, pretty! I like your pillow in the header too. Very Stylish :)

Lesleyanne said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous. Happy belated birthday to Isaac. Glad you are feeling better.

Angela said...

Beautiful stitching.

Sounds like Isaac had a great birthday and that your slowly but surely getting the house the way you want it.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you have been a bit under the weather. Glad you liked your little wooden heart - I thought it was sweet. Sound like Issac had a wonderful birthday. The needleroll you made for me was just lovely - I was so lucky to receive such a gift - thank you. Your WIPs are looking fab. Glad things are settling for you with the house.
Love Michelle x

Michelle said...

Meant to say love the CK sewing tin - I love mine. I bet our stitching corners are starting to look the same! Michelle x

Lindylou said...

Hi Elisa

I love your blog. ALso I was wondering if you know of any great little needlecraft shops in your area as I am going to Hutton-le-Hole in July for our anniversary. I have found 2 in Thirsk. We are definitely going on the railway too.

Any info welcome ...

Hugs

Lynn

linen and floss said...

Happy birthday to your little boy.

Your needle roll is stunning and your wips are gorgeous. xx

Christine said...

Nice to hear from you Elisa. Happy Birthday to Isaac. Your Wips are fab. I love the Emma one, and the colour you've chosen for the Bouquet for Cheryl is so pretty

Sally said...

Lovely to see you posting Elisa. Happy Belated Birthday to Isaac.

Love your Sew Blue needleroll. it's so pretty.Your Wips are gorgeous too.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather {{{hugs}}}

Karan said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Isaac. The birthday treat sounds fabulous (steam enthusisast here! LOL). WTG Martha... no stopping her now! Sorry to hear about the health problems - glad you're feeling much better now. Sounds like you'll soon have your home & garden whipped into shape. :0)
Beautiful finish & WIP's. It's good to see you back & posting all these lovelies Elisa. :0)

Brigitte said...

This needleroll looks so lovely. And wow, you have been on the roll and have stitched a lot.