Isaac went back to school yesterday…I can’t believe how grown up he looks in his uniform, he is now in year 2, lots of hard work and homework, not sure who is dreading that more….erm me I think!!And here he is with a cheesy grin and a big one from Martha to match!
I’ve managed to do some stitching over the past couple of weeks (we’ve had a few drama’s but I will tell you that later). Firstly my progress on CCN “Little Ballerinas which is part of Martha’s birthday present, it’s such an easy stitch and the colours are so girlie!!
I have also managed to keep up with my LHN Monthly Ornie…this months is so far my favourite…”Peppermint Twist”
I just love the sweet candy cane button….so cute!!
LHN “Peppermint Twist”
32c Murano “Beige” with DMC threads
Finished as a hanging ornament with ric-rac and bead trim
Mark and I took the children to the park at the weekend and for a walk along the riverside ( I unfortunately was eaten alive :0()
I won’t bore you all with the little dramas, but the nasty horrible one…for about 2 weeks I had been hearing noises above my living room ceiling…I thought it was birds, then the noise became scratching, the next door neighbours have a house full of cats and kittens so I thought it must be them…but alas no, the noise got worse until one evening there was squeaking and scratching under the new boxed in with tongue and groove bath…the noise went on all night, running around under the floorboards all under the bedrooms, as you can imagine I was so freaked out. I called the council the next day who very nicely (as I have an infant) sent out the pest control that day…10 blocks of bait into holes under the bath and holes in the airing cupboard…”if you still hear noises in 7 days call again” he man told me. So several sleepless nights later…due to night time rodent activity I called the council again, he man came out again and laid some more. He told me that they go a bit crazy after 4-5 days…thank goodness he warned me, it sounded like an all night rave for a couple of nights, then on night 7….SILENCE….and it’s been silent for a week now. They are not sure whether it was mice or rats, but by the amount of bait they laid and the noise they think it may have been the larger of the two…brrrrrr!! My next door but one neighbour had a problem with one about 4 months ago under her stairs…all the houses in the block (4) are linked, but we think we know where they have come from…the house in the middle of us both is not know for it’s cleanliness….they have a problem with clearing their rubbish..so maybe that could be it. We hopefully have solved the problem for future have a go rats…expanding foam…it’s now under the floorboards in the bathroom and airing cupboard!!
No more scary stories now…I promise!!
Have a great weekend all!
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
14 comments:
Your children are so sweet and your stitching looks great.I hate rat's yuk!Glad they are gone.
Glad your little problem(s) are gone. Your kids are adorable and I commented on the other site about your ornament. It is so cute. Congrats on the finish.
Ugh, rats, you poor thing, hope they've gone for good.
Love the peppermint ornament
This precious. I congratulate you.
Regards
Lovely photos of the children. Lovely progress on CCN Ballerina. Your Peppermint Twist is absolutely gorgeous. Mind you I love all your finishes. I still have mine to do lol.
Awww what cute photos of Isaac and Martha! Hope he enjoys the new term.
Lovely stitching. I love seeing your LHN ornaments each month.
Yuck rats or mice! Gives me the creeps just reading about it Elisa. I hope you have no more problems.
Oh Elisa - how awful for you - hope things have now settled. We had a problem with fruit flies in the kitchen recently and thinking Bruce had popped a half eaten banana somewhere I was like a woman possessed until I realised they had nested into the SeaGrass rug we had in the kitchen - yuk! The rug is at the tip and we are waiting on a new rug (not SeaGrass though!). Issac does look grown up and Martha is just adorable and she looks so much like you. Love to you all Michelle xx
Hope your visitors stay away.
They sure grow up fast it doesn't seem like 5 minutes since you were expecting Martha.
I'm sure Martha will be delighted with the piece you are stitching for her. The ornamaent is adorable although it seems very pink for a Christmas ornie.
Well done on your ornament finish, it's gorgeous and one of my favourites this year as well.
Your pressie for Martha is also coming along wonderfully, she'll love it! I stitched Princess Parade for Erin for her birthday and it's taken price of place in her room.
You have a cute set of kids.
Lovely stitching on the ballerinas. Peppermint Twist looks great. The rickrack is an awesome touch!
EWWWW how awful, pesky critters are a nuisance, my cats often bring a mouse(not alive thankfully) home from over the back as their garden is so overgrown.
Hope Isaac is having fun in his new year at school
Wow Martha has grown!!! Little man looks very cool too. It's funny how just a tiny little mouse can make so much noise. We had them and thought it was rats or squirrels but it was just mice. Anyway... goodness I wish I had remembered you were in York. So... which one is your favourite shop?? x
I hope he has settled okay, what a cheeky face Martha has!
Urgghh rats, my cat brought in a dead baby one last week urghh!!
Eeeeuuuuwww! Mice are bad enough (had those in a couple of times when it gets cold out) but rats? Glad the problem got sorted quickly. Great to catch up with you & see all the fabulous finishes. Off to see what else you've been doing since my last visit. :0)
Post a Comment