Thursday, 9 September 2010

Little Ballerinas HD

Hurrah…a new HD, I have completed and finished up the CCN “Little Ballerinas” which is for Martha’s 2nd birthday…

SDC11484 SDC11482 SDC11483

“Little Ballerinas” by Country Cottage Needleworks

Stitched on 28c COM Hand-dyed evenweave in “Chrysanthemum”

DMC & Crescent Colour Threads

Finished as a long cushion with ribbon & button trim

You may have noticed that I have not put faces to these ballerinas, 2 reasons really…firstly after 25 years of stitching I am still unable to do french knots…lol and secondly I would usually use seed beads but as this will be going on Martha's new bed and knowing how little fingers find little things I thought it was the safer option…in the future I can add them!

I have made one curtain for Martha’s room and hope to do the other next week as I have miscalculated the amount of ruffle I needed so another trip to the fabric shop is required….any excuse eh!

Thanks for all your visits and comments on my blog, I do really appreciate them!

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

16 comments:

Sally said...

A gorgeous finish Elisa. So pretty.

Theresa said...

This is adorable!!!!! Perfect for a little girl~~~

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a pretty pillow and treasure for her. It looks fine without the eyes.

~*Sharee*~ said...

I am a new follower to your blog hun; I was just looking at this pattern last night; I think I'm going to order it to stitch for my new granddaughter; especially after seeing how beautiful yours turned out; please check out my blog also, I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful stitching.
Hugs, Sharlene

sharlenesstitchingsite@blogspot.com

Lisa V said...

Your pillow is gorgeous Elisa, I'm sure Martha is going to love it.
LISA V

valerie said...

Beautifully cute pillow for Martha!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Elisa..I love that design! I was going to stitch it for my little grand daughters who are 3 and 5 and both taking ballet lessons..it is the sweetest pattern! Thanks for sharing your beautiful stitching!

Bobbie

Meadows08 said...

What a perfect gift for a 2 year old. Very sweet finish.

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finish. It is absolutely stunning.

Christine said...

That is so sweet Elisa. I struggle with French knots too, they're slippery little devils!

Stitchabilities said...

Oh that is lovely!
Let's hope she doesn't add them herself with felt tip!

jane said...

Lovely finish Elisa, I'm sure Martha will love it.

Blu said...

What an adorable pillow for a little girl!

Michelle said...

So sweet Elisa. Its nice to see that someone else always struggles with french knots. I have been stithcing for too many years and still don't seem to be able to master them. I also use seed beads.
Michelle x

Erna said...

Wow that's gorgeous Elisa.I can't believe Martha's two years already.I started to follow your blog when you were expecting her.
And uhm I can't do French knots too

Julie said...

Pretty and so cute!