A Jane day that is? I stitched this little treasure over two evenings and finished it up as a pillow last night…I love this design.
The Sampler Girl - “Fancy A Jane Day?”
28c Cashel Linen in Antique Ivory
Dinky Dyes Silk “Nana” (Ltd Edition)
I have also finished up another piece for an exchange so cannot reveal that to you as yet.
I am waiting with baited breath for my Down Sunshine Lane delivery of my next LHN Ornie chart as along with this is coming the JCS Christmas Ornie edition….can’t wait!
I am still busy stitching the curtains and bunting for Martha’s room, I managed to get into town on Wednesday (in between the wind and downpours we have been having all week) to buy the extra piece of curtain rufflet and some purple gingham which is the other fabric to go alongside the pale lemon and white polka dot fabric.
Isaac is all excited today as all the children from the Catholic schools in the city have gone to the racecourse to watch the Pope’s Big Assembly on the BIG screen, they spent yesterday making flags and banners. I remember going to see Pope John Paul II at the racecourse in 1982, we set off walking from church at 5am on a pilgrimage, it was a boiling hot day and there was thousands there for the Mass…a day to remember!
A bit of exciting news…I am starting to teach needlework at Isaac’s school every week to the Yr 4’s (8 year olds) they are studying the Victorians so we are going to design little samplers for them to stitch..SO a little plea…does anyone know where I can obtain paper to use to design the samplers or does graph paper do the job?? I also am going to be helping out in Isaac’s class with maths, which is a bit funny as maths is not my strongest subject, hence I have taken the bull by the horns and enrolled myself on a course starting next week, teaching me to teach maths to little ones :0).
Well I have rambled quite enough..I hope you all have a fantastic weekend…
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
10 comments:
Yes indeed! Me and dd are watching the PnP bbc version and tonight were on the last 2 hours. Lovely finish.x
Love your Jane pillow.
Have fun teaching the children at school, (expect to spend most of your time re-threading needles, I've found they just dont seem to "get" the idea of stopping pulling when the stitch is complete), and yes, graph paper should do just fine
Love your Jane finish -- I can't wait to stitch that one, too.
Best wishes for your stitching lesson. I have charted a few simple designs using graph paper. There is also computer program online that has (or had) a free trial program that might work for you, I think it was PCStitch.
Your Jane Day finish is gorgeous. Hope you get your magazine soon. Good luck teaching the year 4s I'm sure they'll love it.
Your Jane day pillow is very pretty! Great job!
Its lovely Elisa - I love the way you finished it too. Good for you teaching the children - how exciting. I think needlework ought to be bought back into schools.
Michelle x
Super finish, very pretty
Good luck in school, i think all schoolchildren should learn basic sewing skills, even the boys!
A beautiful finish Elisa. Barb has just stitched this for me:)
Love the pillow! It's so cute. If you prefer doing it by hand then graph paper should be just fine. If you more computer inclined then PCStitch (or any other program) has a free trial version.
Love that pillow and the one for Martha is lovely too...
Great you're helping out in your children's school as a retired teacher I loved all my mums helping especially for craft work.
You should be able to use the schools squared math paper as the squares will be bigger than graph for the children to use.
Lots of lovely stitching as usual Elisa.
Have a Happy day
Chris x
Post a Comment